The new swastika? (1 Viewer)

Not possible. Many of the founders of the neo-conservative movement were Jewish.

In fact, anti-semites often wrap their ideas in anti-neocon rhetoric.

They use "neocon" as a codeword for "dirty Jew."

Complete nonesense, with zero proof to support it, other than the fact that most of the "founding fathers" of the Neoconservative movement were Jewish. Most Neocons are Christian, so there's really no basis in the accusation that "neocon" is somehow an anti-semitic slur.

Irving Kristol, Bill Kristol's father coined the term.

Yet another diversionary ploy by the Neocons to avoid discussing real issues, and to paint any opposition to a vehement pro-Isreal policy as anti-semitic.

Kind of like casting Democrats as somehow in bed with terrorists.

Yet another example of useless demegoguery which lacks substance and doesn't do much for a real discussion of issues.

Godwin's Law in reverse, if you will.

Last edited:
Just in case you didn't know BA, the Nutsis and the Arabs were good buddies.

The Baath party is the son of the Nazi party.

But I'm sure you knew that.

As for the rest of your post (AlQ's tanks,planes), it's ridiculous to say the least.

BTW, Rommel wasn't a member of the NSDAP. So, he would probably fire a panzerfaust into said cave.

The Baath party is a secular nationalist party. I think it originally had pan-Arab ambitions.

There is no link to the Nazis beyond the party being on the right.

It was no more the son of Nazis than the Republican party.

I hope Santa brings me a neo-con for Christmas.
If I'm lucky he will come with one of those scarves.

That would be neat.

When the weather is chilly go to a trendy coffeehouse near any college campus, particularly some elite institution, and you will wait about 5 minutes to see one...

Just in case you didn't know BA, the Nutsis and the Arabs were good buddies.

The Baath party is the son of the Nazi party.

But I'm sure you knew that.

As for the rest of your post (AlQ's tanks,planes), it's ridiculous to say the least.

BTW, Rommel wasn't a member of the NSDAP. So, he would probably fire a panzerfaust into said cave.

I agree 100%. It is ridiculous.

Equating the threat from a group that has to hide in caves and operate in the shadows to Nazi Germany is ridiculous.

Hasn't the term itself evolved into a slur? From where I'm sitting, it looks like demagogues engaging in demagoguery of another group of demagogues.

No more a slur than "conservative" or "liberal." But it's not an anti-semitic term.

Actually many Neoconservatives embrace the term, and the founder of the movement coined the term.

I know DD, my post was tongue in cheek.

"They use "neocon" as a codeword for "dirty Jew."

I see that sometimes on this board. :-\

When you make a statement like that on a public board, I think it is your duty to back it up. Say who you are talking about and what they said so they are given a chance to refute it if they see fit.

It's absolutely true - neo-Nazis in Germany and Sweden are adopting the traditional Palestinian headdress as an anti-Isreal statement.

As for the term "neocon" being used as a codeword in place of racial slurs against Jews...

FOREIGN POLICY
Newsletter of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.
Operation Comeback
By Joshua Muravchik
November/December 2006

“Neocon” is now widely synonymous with “ultraconservative” or, for some, “dirty Jew.”

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/cms.php?story_id=3602

Google the words neocon "dirty Jew" and see what you get. :)

It's absolutely true - neo-Nazis in Germany and Sweden are adopting the traditional Palestinian headdress as an anti-Isreal statement.

As for the term "neocon" being used as a codeword in place of racial slurs against Jews...

FOREIGN POLICY
Newsletter of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.
Operation Comeback
By Joshua Muravchik
November/December 2006

“Neocon” is now widely synonymous with “ultraconservative” or, for some, “dirty Jew.”

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/cms.php?story_id=3602

Google the words neocon "dirty Jew" and see what you get. :)

An "anti-Israel statement" does not equate to the "new Swastika."

We are right back in this BS zone of "If you disagree with Israeli actions you are a Nazi."

Are you going to make Reb and I do this again?:ezbill:

I'm going to go ahead and say no mas. DD instead of wasting time with this nonesense, step over to the issues board and get away from all this exercise in political futility in the form of buying into this ridiculous right wing demogoguery.

You're on a roll this weekend. First, defending associating Democrats with terrorists, then accusing those who use the term "neo-conservative" as anti-semitic. Think about what you've stated.

Use of Neo-Conservative--anti-semitic slur. End of debate. Anybody who uses the term is automatically on the defensive. It's a meaningless accusation which has no basis in reality.

Man, you want to talk issues, or just believe right wing nonesense? Geez.

Let's not recreate the entire thread from the old board about the Mufti of Jerusalem and the Nazis, OK?

He took over Baghdad, siezed all the Jewish property, kicked out over 200,000 Jews, ended up hiding in Germany until the end of the war, then went into "exile" as an honored and revered guest in Egypt.

So, the connections between Islam and the Nazis in WWII is a real, proven, historical fact.

Hasn't the term itself evolved into a slur? From where I'm sitting, it looks like demagogues engaging in demagoguery of another group of demagogues.

When the people who started the movement call themselves that, I don't see how it could. I don't doubt that some use it as a racial slur, but that does not mean that is the meaning of the term. I had a cousin, who I no longer speak to by the way, who like to refer to black people as "left handers". He thought it was a cute way to call someone the "N-Word", without having to take the chance of getting called for it in public. Now, my mother is left handed. If I call her a left hander, I don't think it's a racial slur directed at her.

The fact is that it is a legitimate term to indicate a certain view regarding foreign policy. I don't see it as any different from calling someone a Regan Republican, a Goldwater Republican, an East Coast liberal, a Dixiecrat, a Blue Dog Democrat, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom