the next draft (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
in this years draft with are first four picks what position do you feel we need to address. i think we should go.

1. corner-we could use a more shut down corner and have MM as a number two. fred T is lookied all right but he is getting a little short on youth.

2. DT-we could use a real run stuffer a guy who can plug the holes so i linbacker can easly clean up.

3. TE-I know are system does really not need that TE who can catch 5 or more balls a game but it would be nice to have one that the defense does have to worry about.

4. WR-i love what colston is doing and hollywood is the fire of the team. but joe is getting older and i dont trust devery as a full time number two yet.(though i hope he can justify the hype that has been around him)

I know half the board is going to say where is linebacker but right now i dont feel that is a need coach payton seems to know what to do there without the draft and i think we will be ok there for at least a few years

With the first four picks in the draft, here's what I'd like to see:

1. Offensive Lineman with the first pick (hard to find a player that we need in the first round who is going to make a big enough impact)

2. Cornerback with the second pick (I would normally say this should be first, but not many first round cornerbacks make an impact in their first year, but I could be wrong)

3. Trade down with the third pick and pick up multiple picks.....then pick up a DT (just a big body to plug the middle and spell Thomas at times to prolong his career)

4. Wide Receiver with the fourth pick (groom this one because within two years, I see Colston taking over for Horn and opening a slot for number 2/3 spot)

5. The extra pick we got with our third that was traded down...pick up a TE. (we just don't seem to have the best luck at this position, so I'm hoping Payton can find someone to block and groom into a force within 2 years)

Last edited:
If we go deep in the playoffs........draft best available player no matter what the piece of work.

Not "if" we go deep in the playoffs, but when we go deep in the playoffs, and we still have half the year left to go, lets focus on the NFC South leaders right now

first pick has to be a mlb 2nd rd CB.
Fujita ?mlb? donnie edwards

Mike mckenzie and 2nd rd cb

or vice versa

simm in the middle is absolutly horrible. he make wrong decisions constantly. He also gets turned pretty easily. we need edwards then a dominate mlb in the draft and a shutdown corner either from FA or the draft. we do that we will be a contender.

new orleans needs to win a superbowl in the next 3 yrs after that new orleans wont be able to support the saints.

Draft talk is for a team that has lost it's chance to go to the playoffs. Guys, I know it has been a long 2 weeks and everybody can only post so many Beerman, how good are the Ravens D, and who's Turf anyway? posts. But, really let's keep the focus on the game at hand.

Geaux Saints!

PS: I agree with Chad on the Picks. O-Line to open up bigger holes, We all know the cornerback situation, and I think Linebacker or D-line or TE would be next.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom