The next Jimmy Graham? (1 Viewer)

Harrison Bryant was just projected to the Pats in round one of an NFL.com mock yesterday. Fair to say his stock may be higher than suggested here?

I dont see Jimmy Graham. Graham could actually run routes. Albert O's basically bigger version of Evan Engram, minus the receiving ability. Sorry, but the dude is just fast.

I don't think I will draft him or any tight end in the third round.

We will be going to the season with Cook, Hill and Taysom, and the backup offensive tackle playing the position. I don't see any rookie being able to dress up for games, unless you get a special teams demon.

We do need to get younger, but considering the depth of the draft on this and other positions, I will go elsewhere like say, wide receiver.

He's NOT Jimmy Graham. Graham was one of the biggest freaks that the NFL has ever seen at TE position. What was so impressive with Graham was his height and fluidity. It's incredibly rare. Albert O looks pretty solid. He isn't Jimmy Graham, but if he puts in the work, he looks like he has the size, athleticism, and fluidity to be an NFL move TE. I wouldn't be against it in the later rounds.

I would say Albert O is basically the Chase Claypool of the TE class. Physical traits are insane, but why didn’t he dominate in college? I would rank the two prospects pretty closely overall. They have traits that can be developed and they could be mismatch options all over the formation, but ultimately they are projects.

Albert O has the luxury of it being a very bad TE class this season, whereas Claypool is a projection prospect in a class full of talented and more pro-ready WRs. Again, the skill set for both makes them more chess piece than actual TE/WR. I think better players will be available at 88.

He refused to run the 3 cone which seperates him from the George Kittles, Noah Fants, and Dawson Knox'es of the world so I wouldn't expect him to be too elite changing directions but he does look solid overall.

Harrison Bryant was just projected to the Pats in round one of an NFL.com mock yesterday. Fair to say his stock may be higher than suggested here?
Probably. It just goes to show the disconnect between what fans read and discuss from media sources and actual NFL teams.

Albert O is a guy you just can't go purely off the measurables they are quite deceiving. If you watch the film he appears to play much slower than his timed speed. He didn't run a lot of varied routes, and he was quite stiff changing direction.

He's more of a long strider who wins on deep Crossing routes, and deep Seams down the middle. He struggles if you ask him to run anything besides straight line type routes, plus he's not very physical getting off the Line so many times a Linebacker would just stymie him with a Jam and he was stuck at the LOS.

I don't think he's a good fit for the Saints because additionally blocking is a weakness for him. I think if we go TE to groom for the future in the mid rounds we would look at Adam Trautman, Harrison Bryant, or Josiah Deguara as they are better scheme fits for Payton's system, more versatility in the blocking game, and better at working the intermediate / short zones.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom