The next Jimmy Graham? (1 Viewer)

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Reaction score
Missouri TE Albert Okwuegbunam is a freak running a 4.49 40 at 6’5” 260 lbs. If not for his maturity issues and injury concerns he could be the top tight end in this draft IMO. He even kind of looks like Jimmy as well.

Would you take Albert O in the 3rd round if he fell that far? I could only imagine having Jared Cook and this guy as our top two tight ends. I bet coach will be salivating if this guy looks to maybe fall to our 2nd pick in the 3rd

QB: Brees, Taysom
RB: Kamara, Murray
WR: Thomas, Sanders, Tre’Quan, Harris
TE: Cook, Albert O, Hill

Then add a receiver in the 4th or 5th to challenge Tre’Quan for that 3rd WR spot. That would be the most dangerous offense in football history IMO

Last edited:
I think Jared Cook and Josh Hill are our top two tight ends. Different skill sets needed for each.

I'm hearing Okwu is going to be there some time in the fourth.

Chuks has his issues like everyone else, but he's not much of a blocker at all. I was surprised he ran that fast in the 40 because you sure don't see it on the field. Like Jimmy, he needs a lot of work to be shaped into a competent NFL TE. The biggest difference IMO between the two are their hands. Playing basketball, Jimmy already had good hands. Chuks does not and that also needs work.

I'd like to see them grab Harrison Bryant from FAU. He's the total package, IMO and might fall to the 3rd. He's going to be very good catching the ball, unlike Josh Hill and won't be a blocking liability.

I think immaturity can be a legit concern at this point. We've had no-one, outside of Thomas and Kamara, grasp the offense and gain Brees'/Sean's trust in their first year. Veterans like Ginn, Cook and Sanders (TBD) have the experience and maturity to carve out a decent role off the bat. His measurables are impressive and he could very well be the next Jimmy Graham, but will he be able to make an immediate impact this season? Would he be any more impactful as a rookie than what we have in Cook?

I like him, but in the 4th round I would rather spend that pick on a LB, CB, WR, OT, or OG. I do like him or Sullivan in the 6th.

Chuks has his issues like everyone else, but he's not much of a blocker at all. I was surprised he ran that fast in the 40 because you sure don't see it on the field. Like Jimmy, he needs a lot of work to be shaped into a competent NFL TE. The biggest difference IMO between the two are their hands. Playing basketball, Jimmy already had good hands. Chuks does not and that also needs work.

I'd like to see them grab Harrison Bryant from FAU. He's the total package, IMO and might fall to the 3rd. He's going to be very good catching the ball, unlike Josh Hill and won't be a blocking liability.

So he is slow, cannot block, and has maturity issues. Why are we discussing him?

IDK. He just reminds me too much of Dan Arnold. Maybe I'm wrong.....

So he is slow, cannot block, and has maturity issues. Why are we discussing him?

Slow?!?! Dude ran a 4.49 40 at almost 260 pounds. You don’t see that often. Every time I seen him play when he caught it down the seam no DBs were catching him unlike most tight ends. Dude was flying.

I think he’s an average blocker for a TE that doesn’t shy away from it like most receiving TEs. For his size he could be a better blocker, but I think he got better each year. But he also dealt with shoulder injuries and that’s not too good for someone trying to block.

As a redshirt freshman with Drew Lock he had 11 TDs. Then 6 the next year with Lock, but missed 4 games. And he had 6 this year with a new QB not on the level of Lock and missed 2 games. He had 23 TDs in just 33 games. He averaged 12 yards a catch for his career which is damn good for a tight end. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up being the best TE in this class, if he gets over his high maintenance issues. Dude is super smart majoring in Health Sciences and wants to be a doctor when his career is over.

Last edited:

I agree

Harrison Bryant is one of my favorite sleepers in this draft.

Has a good chance to be the best TE and most NFL ready coming out of the draft.

Did a lot of good things at the Senior Bowl, and opened a lot of eyes.

IMO the Senior Bowl is one of the best places to get a good look at small school/underrated guys.

Players who tend to impress at the Senior Bowl tend to succeed in the NFL at some level. Not all the time, but they have had their fair share.

I love it bc it gives me a good look at them, then I can go watch their film to get a better grasp on them as a whole. I have really been impressed with Bryant throughout this process

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom