The NFL has ruined the draft (1 Viewer)

silverbullet

Rookie
Reaction score
Sticky Post
ESPN being owned by Disney along with the NFL’s money grabbing and hollow “we care” messages have ruined the draft.

This garbage is unwatchable. Stupid gimmicks like the fan chair, a never ending parade of guest pickers and the worst, a damn PSA before every pick.

So bad.

The analysis to PSA ratio is about the same as WWL commercials to sports talk.

Not to mention the watered down analysis that’s afraid to offend.

Now they mildly may call a pick a reach. Mel used to scream at GMs. That was entertainment.

Instead of marketing to football fans it’s now geared for old ladies.

“Oh look how funny there’s a fan in a chair (for some inexplicable reason) wearing Vikings horns!” Hilarious.

This is more like a sheetty telethon than a draft broadcast. Waiting for the golden girls to do a tap dance routine to kick off today’s picks.

Xeno

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Praising or complaining about the NFL draft coverage immediately makes me think of the Bill Burr joke about people who were up in arms over Michael Sam kissing his partner on camera: "What sort of loser is sitting there, watching the 7th round of the NFL draft on television?" So true.

Stop making me agree with Bill Burr!

James Spader

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
ESPN being owned by Disney along with the NFL’s money grabbing and hollow “we care” messages have ruined the draft.

This garbage is unwatchable. Stupid gimmicks like the fan chair, a never ending parade of guest pickers and the worst, a damn PSA before every pick.

So bad.

Now they mildly may call a pick a reach. Mel used to scream at GMs. That was entertainment.

“Oh look how funny there’s a fan in a chair (for some inexplicable reason) wearing Vikings horns!” Hilarious.

This is more like a sheetty telethon than a draft broadcast. Waiting for the golden girls to do a tap dance routine to kick off today’s picks.
My man, the NFL has ruined the NFL.

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I doesn't bother me one bit. I just don't like the time being spent between the picks.

JackDiesel

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That was the cringiest draft yet. I don't know what was worse, the fans that awkwardly sat in the chair during the pick or the vaccinated fans wearing masks in paddocks. At least they got the Kings of Leon took a break from playing birthday parties to open.

The NFL is pandering to the wrong crowd, if the academy awards couldn't get them to tune in I don't know why the NFL thinks they'll watch the draft.

Reaction score
I agree, it’s unwatchable with the people in the chair type stuff, extremely cheesy.
Personally, and with no intention of getting into the pandemic debate, I think that 32 different people sitting in the same gross chair is a little misguided. I can only imagine how many different farts that cushion absorbed on Thursday night.

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score

So bad.

Fify

"The NFL has ruined the NFL"

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Move the draft up 2 weeks earlier
I stress this a million time. I hate having the draft at the end of April. After the first wave of free agency in mid March, there is a full month and a half of drafts coverage and mock that's gets a little annoying.

Zztop

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I agree. It also used to be free to attend. I was going to go to this one but over $500 a seat for just a reg seat seemed high. Especially for a large group

Imagine paying $500 just to boo Goodell

Merl

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
“From the fully vaccinated war room”

We get it, they got their shots... you don’t have to tell us every time.

I think it’s possible the NFL hires actors to play the fans for each team, and pretend like they’re having a good time at this dumpster fire.
You need to show some kind of proof for that last statement

Reaction score

So bad.

Hate to tell you but that’s not new. Also, there wasn’t much content available for pundits to really dig into prospects this year so you get a bad production

Treybad

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I just put the draft on the old TV monitor with no sound and watched MLB on the comp and firestick some movies or tv shows while randomly waiting to see when the saints pick was coming soon.... watched the 3-5 mins for the pick then back to watching firestick .... so for me the draft wasnt bad or great at least not great yet the verdict still to come.... is this is another 2009 draft then it will be great

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom