The NFL has ruined the draft (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
ESPN being owned by Disney along with the NFL’s money grabbing and hollow “we care” messages have ruined the draft.

This garbage is unwatchable. Stupid gimmicks like the fan chair, a never ending parade of guest pickers and the worst, a damn PSA before every pick.

So bad.

The analysis to PSA ratio is about the same as WWL commercials to sports talk.

Not to mention the watered down analysis that’s afraid to offend.

Now they mildly may call a pick a reach. Mel used to scream at GMs. That was entertainment.

Instead of marketing to football fans it’s now geared for old ladies.

“Oh look how funny there’s a fan in a chair (for some inexplicable reason) wearing Vikings horns!” Hilarious.

This is more like a sheetty telethon than a draft broadcast. Waiting for the golden girls to do a tap dance routine to kick off today’s picks.

ESPN being owned by Disney along with the NFL’s money grabbing and hollow “we care” messages have ruined the draft.

This garbage is unwatchable. Stupid gimmicks like the fan chair, a never ending parade of guest pickers and the worst, a damn PSA before every pick.

So bad.

Now they mildly may call a pick a reach. Mel used to scream at GMs. That was entertainment.

“Oh look how funny there’s a fan in a chair (for some inexplicable reason) wearing Vikings horns!” Hilarious.

This is more like a sheetty telethon than a draft broadcast. Waiting for the golden girls to do a tap dance routine to kick off today’s picks.
You sound pleasant.

So bad.

Might want to just turn on the radio. That said, I do miss the Saturday/Sunday drafts as well.

Yeah me and my buddies would get together for the weekend and boil crawfish on Saturday and grill on Sunday. Lots of beer consumed on draft weekend and just a lot of fun.

Now...meh. I watched the first round, didn't watch last night and probably won't today either. Just get updates on my phone.

The NFL ruined Saints football. I just can't get it up anymore. I used to be obsessed. I weirdly still love the Saints as my favorite team but have been way more amped up for other sports.

The draft has absolutely been a joke. We also used to do weekend get togethers for it. I actually forgot it was coming up this year.

I guess I’m in the minority. I love the first round prime time on Thursday night. This is the NFL’s second largest event after the Super Bowl. So it is understandable that they are trying to market.

I still enjoy it thoroughly. I am one of the few that will sit through every single pic. I have my tablet right next to me looking up analysis of every pic. I have a running cloud of patients that I hope will be there when the Saints pick and they have only ever drafted a player from my cloud once. That’s when Chauncey Gardner Johnson was picked.

I personally like the Thursday to Saturday format.
Same, I really don't care about the NFL turning it into a spectacle. Gotta adjust with the times.

I do think Night 1 is way too long. The NFL won't care because of ad revenue but the draft ending past 12am eastern time is kind of ludicrous. They should cut the time each team has to pick on Night 1 to seven minutes. That saves about an hour of time right there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom