The NFL has ruined the draft (2 Viewers)

“From the fully vaccinated war room”

We get it, they got their shots... you don’t have to tell us every time.

I think it’s possible the NFL hires actors to play the fans for each team, and pretend like they’re having a good time at this dumpster fire.
You need to show some kind of proof for that last statement

ESPN being owned by Disney along with the NFL’s money grabbing and hollow “we care” messages have ruined the draft.

This garbage is unwatchable. Stupid gimmicks like the fan chair, a never ending parade of guest pickers and the worst, a damn PSA before every pick.

So bad.

The analysis to PSA ratio is about the same as WWL commercials to sports talk.

Not to mention the watered down analysis that’s afraid to offend.

Now they mildly may call a pick a reach. Mel used to scream at GMs. That was entertainment.

Instead of marketing to football fans it’s now geared for old ladies.

“Oh look how funny there’s a fan in a chair (for some inexplicable reason) wearing Vikings horns!” Hilarious.

This is more like a sheetty telethon than a draft broadcast. Waiting for the golden girls to do a tap dance routine to kick off today’s picks.
Hate to tell you but that’s not new. Also, there wasn’t much content available for pundits to really dig into prospects this year so you get a bad production

I just put the draft on the old TV monitor with no sound and watched MLB on the comp and firestick some movies or tv shows while randomly waiting to see when the saints pick was coming soon.... watched the 3-5 mins for the pick then back to watching firestick .... so for me the draft wasnt bad or great at least not great yet the verdict still to come.... is this is another 2009 draft then it will be great

Yeah, I do not mind the newer format with Thursday, Friday night and Saturday, but all of the hoopla that it currently has is a bit distracting. I honestly just wait for NFL YT channel to post the highlights of each round and watch that instead. It includes just the basic stuff they say about each pick which is more than enough I can handle. Fans/ celebrities screaming into the mic is annoying. LOL I also do not watch the pregame and halftime stuff either. It as if they took Primetime, created a hyperbole of it and then double down on it. The same could be said of the during the week "analysis shows." the only one i can stomach is "Around the NFL." I don't mind humor and tomfoolery, but does everything have to be WWE style?

Everything beyond the first half of the first round has always been boring unless you're one of those obsessive GM roleplayers that pretends to grade players and watch film.

Easy there, some of those people are being really touchy these days. LOL

----

I thought the whole thing was idiotic. I've been a diehard Saints fan since 1970. I have at least 5 Saints jerseys hanging in my closet. I wouldn't act like some of the people they feature. The opening game shows are the same way. I don't care to watch some awful band perform. I stopped watching NFL Primetime for much the same reasons; I don't want to hear them talk, I want to see the highlights.

ESPN being owned by Disney along with the NFL’s money grabbing and hollow “we care” messages have ruined the draft.

This garbage is unwatchable. Stupid gimmicks like the fan chair, a never ending parade of guest pickers and the worst, a damn PSA before every pick.

So bad.

The analysis to PSA ratio is about the same as WWL commercials to sports talk.

Not to mention the watered down analysis that’s afraid to offend.

Now they mildly may call a pick a reach. Mel used to scream at GMs. That was entertainment.

Instead of marketing to football fans it’s now geared for old ladies.

“Oh look how funny there’s a fan in a chair (for some inexplicable reason) wearing Vikings horns!” Hilarious.

This is more like a sheetty telethon than a draft broadcast. Waiting for the golden girls to do a tap dance routine to kick off today’s picks.
Sounds like you want professional wrestling not professional football...

Move the draft up 2 weeks earlier

I really don’t have a huge problem with the schedule. It’s just the production.

They just beat you to death with non football stuff. And it’s totally contrived.

Moving the draft around is not a good thing imo.

One of the things that made the draft fun back in the day was that you had the same people attending year after year.
Sounds like you want professional wrestling not professional football...
Really? I'd say what we have now is a kiddie version of pro wrestling because it's all fake. Fake super fans, hollow "we're the good guys" bs from the NFL. To me the current format is much more pro wrestling than the old way. I can't stand pro wrestling btw.

I really don’t have a huge problem with the schedule. It’s just the production.

They just beat you to death with non football stuff. And it’s totally contrived.

Moving the draft around is not a good thing imo.

One of the things that made the draft fun back in the day was that you had the same people attending year after year.

Really? I'd say what we have now is a kiddie version of pro wrestling because it's all fake. Fake super fans, hollow "we're the good guys" bs from the NFL. To me the current format is much more pro wrestling than the old way. I can't stand pro wrestling btw.
You said... "Now they mildly may call a pick a reach. Mel used to scream at GMs. That was entertainment."

There's nothing more Pro Wrestling than grown men yelling at other grown men. I have yet to see a "we care" PSA or fake PG/G content in pro-Wrestling to cater to grandma's. The draft has gotten way better with the access to player data and multiple viewpoints of analysis as well as the analysts dropping their hard takes. We already know they don't have a clue, so why make a claim you know nothing about? Mel Kiper is simultaneously the best and worst thing about the draft. He gets a lot of credit for making it popular, but he is absolute trash to watch when it comes to analysis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom