The NFL is an Evil Dictatorship (1 Viewer)

Section41

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I've been a fan of the Saints my entire life. The are a part of me. They are one of the great loves of my life.

But I am now convinced the league in which they play is led by an evil man. A commissioner with absolute power who uses such power absolutely when it makes the league money. He cares not for player safety, integrity, fair outcomes, justice, equity, or even public perception in a fan-funded league. He only cares about himself.

As currently constituted, the NFL is just nota reputable organization. It is a corrupt cabal of parasites who tax me of my time, earnings, and emotions.

I'm heartbroken. Not because my team lost, but because my great love no longer really exists.

Last edited:
The truth is the players are in it too!

The NFL is rigged, and Goodell admitted to it himself! You waant proof??? Here check out this video!

That's why I no longer watch any NFL game......miracle in MN last year?.....watch the video how the Saints defender avoided to make a play! Now we know why....

I don't know about it being evil, but it definitely is an arrogant monopoly; I think that they think the cash cow will go on forever, the fans be damned. It's the hubris of an empire in its final, decadent phase. They should be more cognizant of History; 60-70 years ago, baseball, boxing, and horse racing dominated sports - pro football was a distant fourth, behind college football. TV made the NFL in the 60s, and it is video that can kill it; the league is dependent on the huge TV contracts, and the ad revenue that they can promise the networks. If enough fans, league-wide, become disenchanted with the product, and move on to other sports or other activities, the empire will crack. I predict it will - there are so many other options for entertainment now.

I don't know about it being evil, but it definitely is an arrogant monopoly; I think that they think the cash cow will go on forever, the fans be damned. It's the hubris of an empire in its final, decadent phase. They should be more cognizant of History; 60-70 years ago, baseball, boxing, and horse racing dominated sports - pro football was a distant fourth, behind college football. TV made the NFL in the 60s, and it is video that can kill it; the league is dependent on the huge TV contracts, and the ad revenue that they can promise the networks. If enough fans, league-wide, become disenchanted with the product, and move on to other sports or other activities, the empire will crack. I predict it will - there are so many other options for entertainment now.
The networks are paying more for the NFL every year. Their ratings are so reliable and national too. Any NFL game is a national event.
Baseball become regional.
Boxing turned to PPV.
College Football doesn’t have any representation outside the South/Midwest except for USC.

The networks are paying more for the NFL every year. Their ratings are so reliable and national too. Any NFL game is a national event.
Baseball become regional.
Boxing turned to PPV.
College Football doesn’t have any representation outside the South/Midwest except for USC.
That's my point...nothing is forever, and that includes the NFL being at the top of the heap. Also, fewer kids are playing football - they might start losing their feeder system. I know they're jealous of the NBA's global reach - hence all the games in London. I think the future will look quite different.

The truth is the players are in it too!

The NFL is rigged, and Goodell admitted to it himself! You waant proof??? Here check out this video!

That's why I no longer watch any NFL game......miracle in MN last year?.....watch the video how the Saints defender avoided to make a play! Now we know why....

You know that video is a joke right?

You know that video is a joke right?

That video might be a joke, but the play of M Williams was no joke at all...as a matter of fact there is no difference between his play, or should I say his "no play" and the refs action on this game.....Marcus Williams didn't want to make that play, and the ref did not wanted to make that PI call......both plays ended in a Saints loss...

Do I believe the game is rigged? Yes I do, and that is enough reason for me not to watch any NFL game again....

To suggest that someone like Marcus Williams would work his entire life to get picked in the second round, and have first round grades from a few teams, just to purposely not make that play at the end of his rookie year is just as ridiculous as the no-call. You could tell he actually cared in every interview he gave after that game. Just stop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom