The NFL is screwing the city of New Orleans (1 Viewer)

I think it also has to do with the TV contracts as to why we were picked. Fox carried the game this year so its CBS's turn. The onlyw ay that can happen is if a NFC team hosts an AFC team.

I am very disappointed that Benson agreed to this, but not surprised. As a fan and season ticket holder, losing a home stinks. We sellout every game yet they take one of our games away. SD can't even sellout a playoff game. Take a home game away from a team that doesn't sell its tickets. Benson better not screw us on our season ticket prices. This is a ripoff.

The point about the "home" game in the Meadowlands is well taken. It was a farce as a "home game," and I know because I was there. No matter how much the actual amount is, the city can certainly use the revenue produced by a home game. The bigger question IMHO is what happens to those who have season tickets? And why has there been no statement from the team itself?

Yes sir the NFL is screwing us big time. I dont want an extra preseason game, I dont want a refund. I want 8 home reg season games. New England is supposed to be the king of the league. Hell, let them go. Let Dallas go. I have to wait 8 more months for 1 less game. Da_n It MAn!

Thank goodness 4 the Hornets. We must support them as well.

But that London game really sucks for the true Fan.

Not to be mean, but how many threads where this issue will be discused?

There is no sense in whining over spilled milk. Accept it and just get over it!!! Put it behind you.

I'd go easy on the "NFL is screwing us'' venom. If not for the NFL, our team would be in San Antonio right now. It does suck to lose a home game, but the NFL is going to pay the Saints the same money they would have earned by playing a home game and the exposure for our team will be tremendous. The Saints have the opportunity to be a team with more than regional support, like the Cowboys and Packers. A game like this helps in that regard, which in the long run, will help keep them in N.O.

Stop blaming the NFL. We agreed to it. Blame the Saints. The NFL isn't making any team play these games.

And trust me, Benson will make a ton more off of this game then a regular home game.

I can blame the NFL for caring more about international non fans than ensuring the product is available for the fans who have paid and followed the team. This is an American sport. Not a European one....they had their own team, the Monarchs and failed...it is theft of a home game from the SAINTS. It is unfair and I am opposed to it as I would be the UN taking control of the Federal and State government....so there...

Well,maybe they'll at least schedule the season opener as a home game. When is the last time we had that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop blaming the NFL. We agreed to it. Blame the Saints. The NFL isn't making any team play these games.

And trust me, Benson will make a ton more off of this game then a regular home game.

Pretty much, oh and we don't play good at home as it is.

It sucks that its not about the fans. Just the $.

I can blame the NFL for caring more about international non fans than ensuring the product is available for the fans who have paid and followed the team. This is an American sport. Not a European one....they had their own team, the Monarchs and failed...it is theft of a home game from the SAINTS. It is unfair and I am opposed to it as I would be the UN taking control of the Federal and State government....so there...

Exactly, people in THIS country can't get enough of the NFL right now as it is, now the want to move it overseas. If there was a Saints game tomorrow they'd be sold out, there's still so much demand here in the States. This isn't Baseball and Basketball where the teams play 180 and 82 games respectively and it's not that big of deal to play a game in mexico, this is a mere 8 games and now they're going to take one away from the the fans that come out each and every week to see this team(win or lose). It makes me sick to my stomach what they're doing. The new commish trying to make his mark on the league. I never did like this guy from the beginning with his discipline stance and now with this "we want to expand into the international arena" just takes the cake. To top it off it's one of the better games on our schedule and us 80,000 fans will lose out on possibly seeing one of the greatest running backs of our generation. Sad really sad. That's all the logic I need, the logic that me a season ticket holder and fan is getting SCREWED losing a home game. I said from the beginning when this came up last year about expanding and playing games overseas I was against it in every case. This sport is NOT nor will it EVER be an international sport. We should keep it here in the States were it's fully appreciated, not in places where it will ALWAYS play 3 and 4th fiddle...

It sucks that its not about the fans. Just the $.

Sadly yes, it's ALL about the money, the fans are the very last thing on anybody's mind anymore and that's pathetic. I know how this stuff works but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit here and like it or just take it and shut up. I'm very angry.

I know there is a huge thread about the Saints and Chargers game in London already, but my argument is not on the game itself but what the NFL is taking away from New Orleans. ESPN is reporting that the Saints will be the home team for the London game which will take away a home game next season. I don't know the exact figures but I know the economic impact is somewhere in the 30-50 million dollar range for every Saints home game. How can the NFL take away that much money from New Orleans when the city clearly needs that money to help rebound from Hurricane Katrina?! I don't even live in Louisiana and it disturbs the hell out of me to know that the league is doing this to a region where they have constantly said that they want to help thrive. Does anyone else agree with me or am I being shortsighted?

I couldn't agree more. It may benefit the NFL but it surely does not benefit New Orleans or Saints fans.

If Benson had half a brain or a concern for the city, he would have used a future Super Bowl for the city as a negotiating point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom