The NFL is screwing the city of New Orleans (2 Viewers)

TideSaint

All-Pro
Reaction score
I know there is a huge thread about the Saints and Chargers game in London already, but my argument is not on the game itself but what the NFL is taking away from New Orleans. ESPN is reporting that the Saints will be the home team for the London game which will take away a home game next season. I don't know the exact figures but I know the economic impact is somewhere in the 30-50 million dollar range for every Saints home game. How can the NFL take away that much money from New Orleans when the city clearly needs that money to help rebound from Hurricane Katrina?! I don't even live in Louisiana and it disturbs the hell out of me to know that the league is doing this to a region where they have constantly said that they want to help thrive. Does anyone else agree with me or am I being shortsighted?

Ya, an international game won't help to build the Saints fanbase, how dare they!

good question?

What's the value of playing in such a high profile venue/game/TV audience?

I think its a good opportunity.

One missed home game won't hurt the city THAT MUCH.

I mean, we had 8 last year and I don't see much change where I'm living anyway.

But I see what your saying.

Ya, an international game won't help to build the Saints fanbase, how dare they!

Is the potential of securing a couple thousand fans on another continent worth losing the guarantee of tens of millions of dollars though?

October in NOLA is the nicest time of year. I think the powers that be can offset the loss by scheduling something awesome in its place

Stop blaming the NFL. We agreed to it. Blame the Saints. The NFL isn't making any team play these games.

And trust me, Benson will make a ton more off of this game then a regular home game.

Stop blaming the NFL. We agreed to it. Blame the Saints. The NFL isn't making any team play these games.

And trust me, Benson will make a ton more off of this game then a regular home game.

But couldn't the Saints ream the benefits of playing over there AND kept 8 home games? We may have agreed to play the game, but my question is why do we lose a home game instead of the Chargers given the situation down in New Orleans?

I still think the NFL owes us a home game after we played a "Home" game in NY. Why can't both teams still have 8 games at our real home and we can call it even with the NFL for stealing the home game two years ago. I bet the beer in the UK will still be better!!:ezbill:

to build fan base just in case the saints move to L.A. the nfl is an evil entity. make you believe the team represents the city. it is a money THANG.

But couldn't the Saints ream the benefits of playing over there AND kept 8 home games? We may have agreed to play the game, but my question is why do we lose a home game instead of the Chargers given the situation down in New Orleans?

I don't know. Ask Loomis and Benson why they agreed to give up a home game.

From a football standpoint I don't really care. We suck at home anyway.

They made the guidelines clear.
AFC v NFC. Playoff team involved. Should be a great game.
The 4 options for a home team were then leaked.
Tampa, New Orleans, Kansas City, and Seattle.
If we want to play a home game in London and the away team agrees thats fine. If we want to play an away game, but the home team doesn't agree, it's not happening.
Also, they don't want to mess up divisions, and have people get annoyed and blame the outcome of a division on the London game.
Then, after the boring game with bad weather last year, they want 2 good passing attacks for excitement, and 2 good running games in case the weather gets bad.
The best fit is Saints Chargers.

I don't know. Ask Loomis and Benson why they agreed to give up a home game.

From a football standpoint I don't really care. We suck at home anyway.

if it's on the road it's got a better chance to be win... I was thinking that when I first heard about this

The Giants got the benefit of playing home while we were in their house for our home game.

NOLA wasn't gonna be a home to anyone that night. My beef of that game is that the Giants got a gimme. AB was our leader then.

we had no chance of success in the face of that kind of adversity with he and HAZ leading the charge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom