The NHL 2019-2020 is here. (1 Viewer)

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Raising your banner, Blues? Take deez pucks and your 0-1 start!

Thanks to Duke Power I lost my internet yesterday, won't get fixed until tomorrow, so I missed the game :(
I had to go into the office today too... :(

But anyway, the puck finally dropped and the Caps took care of business 3-2 in OT.

I am going to miss some good games tonight... my internet better be up by Saturday for the Caps home opener.

Edit: should've posted this with the OP, but I was at work, youtube is blocked.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SystemShock

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Former Dallas Stars player Richard Peverly collapsed similarly but had to be resuscitated with an AED and CPR; his heart had stopped beating. Hopefully Bouwmeester makes a quick and successful recovery.
A friend of mine has a heart condition, and that has happened to him a couple times, he just passes out and wakes up a minute or so later. When I saw that happened and that Bouwmeester recovered quickly, the first thing that came through my mind was his heart.

My bud needs a pacemaker he's refusing to get. Hopefully Bouwmeester won't need one, or there goes what's left of his hockey career.

Last edited:

Marty_Graw

Don't Rain on My Parade
Reaction score
"Nutritional Supplements" can have that effect as well. Back in the days of the New Orleans Brass, I vividly remember a young man named Darryl LaFrance removed from the locker room, post-game, on a stretcher with a "cardiac issue." Team never said what the cause or result was, but back in the day, it was widely known that many players were loading up on Sudafed's and such for the ephedrine bump. None of it was against the rules, but those additives can have random effects on an athlete's physiology. As can creatine, energy drinks, energy shots and such.

Thankfully, Darryl recovered and all was well, but it was a scary scene. Hopefully Bouwmeester will make a full recovery.

And then, there's the whole Chris Pronger issue where his heart stopped after taking a puck to the sternum (1998). Scary shirt...

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The way it happened, I thought it may have been his heart. I have an acquaintance that

A friend of mine has a heart condition, and that has happened to him a couple times, he just passes out and wakes up a minute or so later. When I saw that happened and that Bouwmeester recovered quickly, the first thing that came through my mind was his heart.

My bud needs a pacemaker he's refusing to get. Hopefully Bouwmeester won't need one, or there goes what's left of his hockey career.
Hopefully your buddy wises up. In Peverly's case, he had an ablation surgery for an irregular heartbeat, and then played hockey when he was cleared. I guess it wasn't the best advice to play again, and he did retire and is now a part of the Stars organization.

In Bouwmeester's case, I haven't read where he lost consciousness or not. My mom has a condition called Vasovagal syncope which causes a dramatic drop in blood pressure and slowed heart rate, and has caused her to nearly faint.

FullMonte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Former Dallas Stars player Richard Peverly collapsed similarly but had to be resuscitated with an AED and CPR; his heart had stopped beating. Hopefully Bouwmeester makes a quick and successful recovery.
Isn't he the one who reportedly asked EMTs in the ambulance if they would be able to get him back in time for the 3rd period?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom