The non call fiasco will have far reaching implications (1 Viewer)

Cajun Mike

In Da Parish
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
I was chatting with some Saints fans . Quite a few are disillusioned with the NFL. They say the games are fixed. A few have or are giving up their tickets.

I was chatting with some Saints fans . Quite a few are disillusioned with the NFL. They say the games are fixed. A few have or are giving up their tickets.

That's not a big surprise is it?

I've been an NFL fan for over 50 years and I never thought or wanted to believe that the games were rigged or fixed until the NFCCG. In all my time as a fan I've seen blown calls and bad calls but what happened in January not only to the Saints but to the Chiefs as well was the worst I've ever seen.

I love the Saints and everything about the Saints but I can honestly say for myself that it will be really difficult for me to take the NFL seriously or believe that it is all legit going forward!!

It's just not Saints fans. I've said this before. I belong to several classic NFL groups on FB. Those groups include fans and retired
players from every team. There are a few Rams homers,but the overwhelming majority believe we got the shaft and are questioning
the games integrity.

If I’m being completely honest, and I’ve never revealed this on the board before, but it’s pretty obvious that the refs are influenced by betting lines. It’s been fairly obvious to anyone watching NFL Sunday ticket where you can watch every game at once, much more difficult to see it if you’re only watching one game per Sunday. But it’s been the case in the majority that if the public money is one side of the spread and it can go the other way based on a last minute call, it almost always goes that way.

If I’m being completely honest, and I’ve never revealed this on the board before, but it’s pretty obvious that the refs are influenced by betting lines. It’s been fairly obvious to anyone watching NFL Sunday ticket where you can watch every game at once, much more difficult to see it if you’re only watching one game per Sunday. But it’s been the case in the majority that if the public money is one side of the spread and it can go the other way based on a last minute call, it almost always goes that way.

I can accept the loss to the Vikings in 2017,and the Niners in 2011. It hurt,but players decided that game. I cannot accept the
Rams loss. Officials decided that game.

We kept our tickets. They are great seats and not super expensive. I seriously considered being done with the NFL after being a lifelong fanatic fan of the Saints and to a lesser extent the NFL. I am a football fan, much more of an NFL fan in the last decade or two. The last game shook me to the core, my wife said NO, we are keeping the tickets. I almost said, NO.....the account is in my name, but sanity set in.

I find that we are waiting for the schedule to come out so that we can plan vacations and trips for the Fall around Saints football. I'm not sure how much more I can take. I honestly think the game was "rigged" in that the officials from the Los Angeles area, were told by the NFL, to swallow their whistles late on any call that would keep the Rams out of the Super Bowl.

I suspect the new rule will be used against us more than once in very questionable circumstances.

Big business, on the whole, is corrupt. In this case, Rog and the league as a group had a vested interest in the LA market having a good showing its first year out.

I think that the individual clubs may be on the level, and truly try to put the best product on the field that they can, but the governing body of those individual clubs is so twisted and self serving that Machiavelli himself would be proud.

I still love my Saints, but the rest of that nest of vipers? I'd just as soon walk away.

My father-in-law told me 20 years ago that the games are fixed solely for the money. I laughed at him....I'm not laughing any more! Who do you think the disillusioned ones really are?

I'm not necessarily sold on the idea that the league office fixed that game (for whatever reason). Although my disdain for Goodell runs deep, I'm not so sure even he has the arrogance to try and pull off such an exasperating blatant fix. I could be wrong though.

I'm more partial to the idea that it had more to do with the point spread than anything else. For whatever reason, I believe the fix was more to control the spread rather than the outcome of the game. Again, I could be wrong about this as well... Just my opinion or maybe what I want to believe! ?

The refs should write a code of conduct and enforce it without interference from the NFL. They should all be paid salaries commensurate with their responsibilities, and spend time during the week training and practicing. No more full-time jobs outside of football.

The NFL is a business and we are the suckers who buy into it. It's like wrestling - we can only hope that our team gets called again to be a chosen winner so we can celebrate.

Last year the Rams had to cash in on that move to LA. It's painfully obvious.

Not Sure of the depth of the corruption but I’m certain that we had at least one corrupt ref against the Rams.

I suspect it goes deeper and more widespread

If one doesn’t question the integrity of the NFL after that non-call you need to have your head examined. The evidence is on video, not hearsay, rumor or conjecture. Video proof. The league is scrambling to cover their tracks. New rules, retiring officials. What else are they up to as they try to erase the publics doubt?? I still hope the Government takes the league down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom