The Non-Saints Saints Hall of Fame (1 Viewer)

Winter

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Random thought, who are the most valuable non-Saints players in Saints history who's gaffs deserve a jacket? or at least a nice thank you card.

I'm a younger fan (since 2000), so maybe some of the veterans can chime in on this one.

Off the top of my head are:

Az-zahir Hakim - The famous dropped punt that helped the Saints win their first playoff game

Brett Favre - His decision to throw across his body instead of run for the first sent the Saints to the Super Bowl

Philip Rivers - If the Chargers didn't have Rivers in the building, would they have let Drew go? (not really a gaff, but still significant)

Smith-Schuster - His fumble late in the 4th gave us the win and #1 seed in 2018

Matt Ryan - The gift that keeps on giving

Last edited:
I like your list. "Hakeem drops the ball!" is definitely #1.

Hugh Green. I think whoever drove the Hugh Green hype lead us to Ricky Jackson.

Payton Manning's third down tendancies lead to Tracy Porter's jumping the route that sealed us the Super Bowl.

Who intercepted that ball that Meachem stole back in the Washington game? I knew it was destiny at that point.

Hakim
Favre
P. Manning (falling for the trap the Def set-up that allowed Porters pick 6)
Whoever it was that let Gleason through to block the punt in the 2006 return to the dome game.

I like your list. "Hakeem drops the ball!" is definitely #1.

Hugh Green. I think whoever drove the Hugh Green hype lead us to Ricky Jackson.

Payton Manning's third down tendancies lead to Tracy Porter's jumping the route that sealed us the Super Bowl.

Who intercepted that ball that Meachem stole back in the Washington game? I knew it was destiny at that point.

Without looking it up, I'm gonna say Kareem Moore. I just remember Meachem taking the ball so fast, Moore's arm stayed curved as if he was still holding the ball. He was cradling air :smilielol:

Nick Saban, passing on Brees in Miami

From memory I think they did offer Drew a deal but it was a low ball offer since the team doctors didn't trust the shoulder surgery a few months earlier.

Whoever the 12th man on the field was for the Vikings

Tom Brady, for folding in the 2 games that decided this division.

2 TDs 5 Ints, a QB rating under 60.

The twelfth man in the Vikings huddle. You're my all-time favorite non-Saint, whoever you are.
Naufahu Tahi - FB

:9:

I learned something new today.

Link:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom