N/S The Noon Games (1 Viewer)

Was Gronk the one that threw the boat party in NE where there was a lot of controversy? Some supposed criminal activity that got swept under the rug? Wasn’t that his first so-called retirement to try to get out of the mess? Then once he got out of it, he unretired? Am I wrong about this?

Was Gronk the one that threw the boat party in NE where there was a lot of controversy? Some supposed criminal activity that got swept under the rug? Wasn’t that his first so-called retirement to try to get out of the mess? Then once he got out of it, he unretired? Am I wrong about this?
I have no idea but I'll allow the narrative because I have no scruples.

I wish they Saints had drafted him in 2007 when they had the chance. Instead they took Meachem and let the Bears have Olson. Olson was an instant contributor and is a close to HOF but not quite there in my opinion, Meachem was inactive his entire rookie year as a healthy scratch and isn't even in the discussion room. Huge miss on that first round.
True, but doesn’t Meachem also get a pass because of his miracle strip/steal TD return against Washington in 2009?

Merl, explain why you disagree. I’ve noticed you go “Meh” on a lot of comments here. Not calling you out bro. Just would like to hear your take. 😎
I use the "Meh" a lot when posters use the league influences the outcome of games and use the refs to make that happen. I have yet to see any factual proof of it I.E. a former or current ref making the claim or get caught betting on a games let alone one's they are officiating in.

True, but doesn’t Meachem also get a pass because of his miracle strip/steal TD return against Washington in 2009?
Not all WRs and TEs are instantly successful. Meachem was raw talent and took time to develop. He would have been even better had Payton took time to really work him into the offense more. But we know Sean. He was obsessed with feeding Reggie Bush and leaning on Colton. There were a lot of weapons on that team offensively between ‘07 and ‘13 that if Payton had called more games where he spread the ball around, the Saints may have had a few more rings.

See, right there. That's how you make a 4th and 1. Make a ridiculously over-the-top cadence so it's obvious that you're just trying to pull the defense offsides. Then actually snap it and hand it off while the D-Line is focusing on staying still.

I'm not a Rodgers fan, but that was a clinic.

I use the "Meh" a lot when posters use the league influences the outcome of games and use the refs to make that happen. I have yet to see any factual proof of it I.E. a former or current ref making the claim or get caught betting on a games let alone one's they are officiating in.
Point well taken. Thanks for your explanation.

Joe Buck: "So Erin's telling us that Rodgers has had that toe immunized against pain..."

:spit:
I would have said to Joe in my best Fred Flintstone impression: "How droll. How very droll".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom