The "not bashing Ingram, but just a critique" thread (1 Viewer)

Hightower was running the ball much better...This is on Payton...Hightower should have been in the game..

I mean.

Something is up. I can't quite place it. But it's like our offense is blah at times and Brees is playing some amazing football. I want to defend Ingram. I really like Ingram. But our running game just isn't right. And with Brees, Cooks, and Thomas playing so well, you'd think the running game would be easy to get going with people having to worry about the air attack.

Now our offensive line is in shambles. It was suspect coming into the season, they exceeded expectations, and our now missing so many players......but is it RBs or the OL.....or both?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I mean.

Something is up. I can't quite place it. But it's like our offense is blah at times and Brees is playing some amazing football. I want to defend Ingram. I really like Ingram. But our running game just isn't right. And with Brees, Cooks, and Thomas playing so well, you'd think the running game would be easy to get going with people having to worry about the air attack.

Now our offensive line is in shambles. It was suspect coming into the season, they exceeded expectations, and our now missing so many players......but is it RBs or the OL.....or both?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

It's playing in Arrowhead stadium. We had scored 30+ for three straight games until today.

There's a reason they haven't lost their in 2 years and they give up like 15 points a game in that stadium.

I was just talking about this. I like Ingram, but he is not irreplaceable. And he just doesn't have any particular explosiveness, agility, and he certainly isn't fast. He does in three carries what guys like Jay Ajayi or Davonta Freeman can do in one.

Remember one play it looked like he had the edge, but he doesn't even get three yards because someone caught him.

It's not explosiveness, it's being consistent with the run game. When you get into the kind of shootout games the Saints have been involved in lately it's hard to use the run game. Obviously it should be used more, but that's not my call to make.

What???

It IS explosiveness.

That is exactly what it is.

He has run the ball 87 times, and his LONGEST run is 17 yards.

The OP is correct.

We need more explosion.

And I know the play he was talking about.....most all RBs take that down the sideline and are gone.

It's playing in Arrowhead stadium. We had scored 30+ for three straight games until today.

There's a reason they haven't lost their in 2 years and they give up like 15 points a game in that stadium.
That's our passing attack. Even when putting up 30+ our run game is bad. Which is going to be AWFUL for the defense. And KC has had a weak run D all year so playing in Arrowhead has nothing to do with it.

Also.....why start a thread saying something is wrong with a RB, then comment on a post saying it's just playing in KC....?

I like ingram, I really do. But he's just not an NFL caliber running back. If you think he is, go look at the RB1 on every other team in the NFL. You will get a huge dose of reality. I can't think of any running back that isn't in some way better than Ingram. It's ok to be a slow running back. But you better be big and strong. Ingram is not. It's ok to not be big and strong, but you better be fast and shifty. Ingram is not. He literally is a medium-sized slow running back who cannot make anyone miss. He is NOT a homerun threat. There are guys all around the league who can take it to the house from 80 out. Someone pointed out earlier his longest run of the year is 17 yards. There are backs in the league that bust 20 yarders on a weekly basis. As I type this Tevin Coleman just took one to the house and guess what.. Mark Ingram doesn't look like that.

He fumbled. It sucked. Great defensive play.

But we really need a RB with some burst in the mix. We are just ungodly slow and unexplosive at the position. One play sticks out where Ingram got a toss and there was no one in front of him. He might as well of been running in snow. The LBs crash down and it's only a gain of two. Many NFL backs would of had the edge and a big gainer.

The lack of burst to the hole is also costing us yards when the blocking is there. He's a tough runner inside, but we are not set at the position IMO.

I agree with everything you said. It's just that Payton doesn't even make an honest effort to run the football enough to warrant such an emphasis on finding such a "special," explosive RB.

It has less to do with Ingram and more to do with the lack of imagination in the running game. Our running game is very vanilla and that's being nice. We don't pull linemen, there is no mis direction or deception in our offense when it comes to running the ball. Having said that, I do agree that Ingram does lack explosiveness, but even the most explosive back would suffer in our offense.

no bashing needed it was just a good defensive play other than the forced fumble he played well.

That's our passing attack. Even when putting up 30+ our run game is bad. Which is going to be AWFUL for the defense. And KC has had a weak run D all year so playing in Arrowhead has nothing to do with it.

Also.....why start a thread saying something is wrong with a RB, then comment on a post saying it's just playing in KC....?

Please don't make me debunk that again. I'm begging you. We've went over it many times.

You were commenting on total offensive production. I'm commenting on Ingram's skill set specifically, not blaming him for the loss.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom