The "not bashing Ingram, but just a critique" thread (1 Viewer)

He fumbled. It sucked. Great defensive play.

But we really need a RB with some burst in the mix. We are just ungodly slow and unexplosive at the position. One play sticks out where Ingram got a toss and there was no one in front of him. He might as well of been running in snow. The LBs crash down and it's only a gain of two. Many NFL backs would of had the edge and a big gainer.

The lack of burst to the hole is also costing us yards when the blocking is there. He's a tough runner inside, but we are not set at the position IMO.

I agree.

When I think about how our o line was jus so godawful in preseason, I thought THAT would b a problem for us. But they have played surprisingly well, most notably in pass pro.

But they seem to get better each week in the run game. Its jus dang bad luck that Lasco gets hurt in practice thursday. This mighta been da game where he could get 12-15 touches. He's got that burst/gear and it woulda interesting to c what he could do, esp in space.

Hightower played well today when in

He doesn't run as hard as Hightower in my opinion. And neither of them run as hard as the guy we let go- Ivory! JS.

Please don't make me debunk that again. I'm begging you. We've went over it many times.

You were commenting on total offensive production. I'm commenting on Ingram's skill set specifically, not blaming him for the loss.

Lol do what? I think you made up a fantasy argument in your head and debunked it. I've been talking about our running game the whole time. I don't know if it's as simple as "it's just Ingram". As I said, I can't put my finger on exactly what is up but it just seems like it's more than just the one RB.

Myself and quite a few others have been saying that Ingram is just not that good for a long time now. He's not. He's a saint and thats great. He needed an entire scheme change, the bulk of the carries, and "enough carries to get going", all just to be "Ok".

Never was sold on him being "the guy" and I'll toss in the obligatory "we've had better backs who performed better during the same time they played with Ingram".

Oh please..smh. When was the last time any of you remember Ingram taking over a game? Better yet, when has anyone or any respected news site has ever written or quoted of saying: " The... better game plan for Ingram." No team with a straight face game plans for him. And if they do, it's because Drew, receivers & Unger are out. He's backup material at best. Only thing he's all-pro at is running against the backs of his blockers, gaining 3 yards on 4 carries or tripping over grass. Where's Lasco?!!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Ingram's a decent player, but not a starter. Just too slow, no quick burst, can't get around the edge. Should have never been a first round pic! I would start Hightower over Ingram, but long term we don't have the speed back on our roster. Today was evident to many fans, but I doubt it changes our rotation.

I don't want to crap-talk Ingram. I like Ingram. He's developed from a mediocre back to a pretty solid one, in my opinion. But at the same time, the Saints continue to feature him over other running backs who are, quite frankly, just flat out better than he is. PT, Ivory, Robinson, now Hightower. All have done more with less while Ingram has continued to do, at best, decent. It's just frustrating to watch as a fan.

I wanted us to stick with Hightower dude is a battering ram,he always get's the tough yards. If I was an NFL defender I would not want to go head on with him once he gets going.

Lasco is that type of back. He was hurt almost his entire college career.
Spiller is that type of back.
Robinson was that type of back.
Ivory was that type of back, although injury AND fumble prone.
Reggie and PT were both that type of back.

It's what makes this offense unstoppable, when you combine Brees with a guy who can gash you/pass pro/reasonable receiver. They don't need a grinder, they need a guy, like Bonchie said, gets the big yards on those precious few plays where they are there.

The NFL isn't 4.5 YPC. It's 3, 1, 8, -2, 18, 2, 6, 23.

Ingram gives us all of those, except the big ones. He simply can't break that last tackle, beat that last guy to the edge, see that hole just in time.

He is simply too average. Exactly the opposite of who Payton usually likes in offense. Ingram is the opposite of a matchup problem. Every team in the NFL has a LB who can track him.

His style, effort, and usual ball security lend themselves to him being a 4th quarter grinder. Spiller should have been the started. A healthy Lasco should be next year.

Guys, let's face it - we miss Sproles. Letting him and Jenkins walk cost us.

Play Hightower and Cadet more. His fumble was big- cost us at least 3 points at a critical time. Not a big play type. Trade him if possible.

Idk why but there's still an twenty percent ingram faithful in this board that still thinks he's not undrafted rb level. Dude is average at best. His fumble cost us todays game. High tower was awesome. Put ingram for those carries and there negative yards

Hightower should be starting

Agreed. Ingram has terrible field vision, constantly missing the hole to run into a wall. And the fumble today was unforgivable. He's consistently been the worst fumbler on the team since he was drafted. I'm ready to move on from him.

There could be two people on the face to Earth, Ingram and a defender he would still get tackled!!! Can't break tackles or fake someone out!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom