The "not bashing Ingram, but just a critique" thread (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
He fumbled. It sucked. Great defensive play.

But we really need a RB with some burst in the mix. We are just ungodly slow and unexplosive at the position. One play sticks out where Ingram got a toss and there was no one in front of him. He might as well of been running in snow. The LBs crash down and it's only a gain of two. Many NFL backs would of had the edge and a big gainer.

The lack of burst to the hole is also costing us yards when the blocking is there. He's a tough runner inside, but we are not set at the position IMO.

It bothers me that he seems to run up onto the Oline mans legs, or right into their backs. Maybe he needs glasses ?

His longest run of the season is 17 yards. We definitely lack explosiveness in the ground game and it's not like the lanes aren't there.

His longest run of the season is 17 yards. We definitely lack explosiveness in the ground game and it's not like the lanes aren't there.

It's not explosiveness, it's being consistent with the run game. When you get into the kind of shootout games the Saints have been involved in lately it's hard to use the run game. Obviously it should be used more, but that's not my call to make.

I don't want to crap-talk Ingram. I like Ingram. He's developed from a mediocre back to a pretty solid one, in my opinion. But at the same time, the Saints continue to feature him over other running backs who are, quite frankly, just flat out better than he is. PT, Ivory, Robinson, now Hightower. All have done more with less while Ingram has continued to do, at best, decent. It's just frustrating to watch as a fan.

He can pass block really well and can run with authority when we are ahead to run down the clock. Other than that.... I miss Pierre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been a huge Ingram fan but he just doesn't do it. Runs into the line often. Makes the wrong cut often. Not very explosive. I'm ready to move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not that he doesn't have a place in this offense. He can block, he's a good grinder late in games.

But we really need an explosive back who can play 3 downs when that's the kind of offense we want to play. We are leaving way too many yards on the field out on the edges that other teams routinely get.

But we really need a RB with some burst in the mix. We are just ungodly slow and unexplosive at the position. One play sticks out where Ingram got a toss and there was no one in front of him. He might as well of been running in snow. The LBs crash down and it's only a gain of two. Many NFL backs would of had the edge and a big gainer.

The lack of burst to the hole is also costing us yards when the blocking is there. He's a tough runner inside, but we are not set at the position IMO.

I agree, I've been an Ingram fan for a while now, and he just has a hard time accelerating into the 2nd level. I think we need to look at maybe using Lasco and see if he can provide the burst that Ingram doesn't have.

I'm not too mad at the fumble. Ingram has been one of the best at ball security. That was just a solid defensive play.

I mentioned this in the gameday forum . MI is just slightly above average , he has no burst , his vision is very suspect. I've been waiting for him to improve with experience but he never will. Not to say that he is really bad but just not special . Jm Mora was right we don't have a special RB on the roster and quite well may be why our running game never really has taken off . Yes we are a pass first team and will always be but if we had a back like a Deuce or even a David Johnston that COULD break a long one that would make our O almost unstoppable
The best part of this is that kind of RB can be had in the 2-4th rounds of the draft . I'm hoping we don't have a really high draft pick next yr and I know we REALLY need help on D but Fournette would be hard to pass up on . I'm a LSU fan but don't believe that just because a player goes to LSU that he's always the best option but LF IS a special player that would have an immediate impact

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom