The nuances of AK41 (2 Viewers)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Sticky Post
We all know the guy is a freak.

And it just warms my heart when I hear how football savvy he is, Payton says designing plays/practice is a challenge keeping Alvin from getting bored.

I was just thinking of another little thing he does that I just love, did it twice last night.

If he’s got a sideline run....he’ll get his yardage and then gently step out before any contact. It’s actually brilliant, and goes against what most would ever think of doing.

Now if it’s needed, 1st down, goal line (see Shaq Thompson) he’ll bring the hammer. But if it’s the difference between a 14 yard run and a 15, he’ll step out and not take a hit at all.

It’s a long season, and he’s our horse.....saving the hits for when it’s necessary is a very wise move.

Reaction score
Kind of off topic, but I read somewhere that the first thing he bought when he cashed his first pro check was some buffalo wings. I don't know why, but that just makes him even more likable to me.

Bartyboy

60's Saints fan
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I remember a statement he had.
Said when he is getting hit he has processed it already and is process what will happen next.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Kind of off topic, but I read somewhere that the first thing he bought when he cashed his first pro check was some buffalo wings. I don't know why, but that just makes him even more likable to me.
And it's the way he said it. "I got my signing bonus and I put that shirt in the bank and I went and got some motherforking wings,” Another quote I love from that article was right before it, Someone offered to give him a yacht for free. He turned it down, saying " Even if I wanted a boat,” Kamara says, “what the fork am I going to do with a boat right now? "

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That’s a very good point
I took tai chi for many years and most every master would talk about how most fighting is might v might - just 2 bulls crashing together-
Your post made me think that AK probably used the tai chi tactic of using the opponents force against them
So instead of smashing into the force or pulling away from it, AK might actually ‘surf’ the force
precisely.

back to that run....if you watch the slo mo, he sees 2 defenders coming down hill from his left on an angle. He slows/hesitates just a second, to allow their momentum to carry them further toward their perceived point of contact, but the hesitation now moved that point backwards. But their momentum and "force" will not allow them to adjust to that new point, and simply flow by him as he accelerates from the new point.
HE absolutely uses their force against them thru simply body turns, hesitation and foot movement.

look at some runs where defender is coming from behind. He will actually bend a bit backwards and as they make contact, he will immediately move torso fwd and use their force to continue to propel him fwd.

Its innate with him. I dont know that it can be taught unless its decades of learning. But its more a "feel" than anything.

he is remarkable.

renegadewa

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What Kamara has is something you can't teach or coach...…………..it's something that he gets out of bed with every morning.

I've said many times before that he's the closest thing to Gale Sayers that I've seen since Gale Sayers!!

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
Alvin Kamara of course divides by zero and gets a remainder.

The sun has to put on Kamara Tan lotion.

Alvin Kamara does not do push-ups, he does world-downs.

Alvin Kamara routinely audits the IRS.

When Alvin Kamara jumps in the water, he doesn't get wet, the water gets Alvin Kamara'd.

Sharks watch Alvin Kamara Week on the Discovery Channel.

Alvin Kamara slapped his doctor when he was born, because the doctor wasn't breathing.

Alvin Kamara has a garden of stones that he routinely gets blood from.

Alvin Kamara is always at least in two places at once.

Alvin Kamara has eaten and still has the same cake 41 times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom