The nuances of AK41 (1 Viewer)

I’m surprised more professional athletes don’t incorporate martial arts into cross training. I’ve heard some who wrestled, did karate or even mma but those can also be a lot of force vs force.

A professional athlete with greater body control and awareness that those balanced or even internal arts offer can add another level to their game.

I was watching some sumo matches a while back and the skill and sensitivity involved to go from push/attack to collapse/recede in an instant was impressive. I always thought linemen would benefit from learning some of those hand techniques as well.

This reminds me of Kikaha. He did martial arts (judo?). Thought it would help him a lot in hand fighting and leverage as a DE. Sadly injuries were too much for him.

I'm sure this has been posted alot, but it never gets old.

Kind of off topic, but I read somewhere that the first thing he bought when he cashed his first pro check was some buffalo wings. I don't know why, but that just makes him even more likable to me.

I remember a statement he had.
Said when he is getting hit he has processed it already and is process what will happen next.

Kind of off topic, but I read somewhere that the first thing he bought when he cashed his first pro check was some buffalo wings. I don't know why, but that just makes him even more likable to me.

And it's the way he said it. "I got my signing bonus and I put that shirt in the bank and I went and got some motherforking wings,” Another quote I love from that article was right before it, Someone offered to give him a yacht for free. He turned it down, saying " Even if I wanted a boat,” Kamara says, “what the fork am I going to do with a boat right now? "

That’s a very good point
I took tai chi for many years and most every master would talk about how most fighting is might v might - just 2 bulls crashing together-
Your post made me think that AK probably used the tai chi tactic of using the opponents force against them
So instead of smashing into the force or pulling away from it, AK might actually ‘surf’ the force

precisely.

back to that run....if you watch the slo mo, he sees 2 defenders coming down hill from his left on an angle. He slows/hesitates just a second, to allow their momentum to carry them further toward their perceived point of contact, but the hesitation now moved that point backwards. But their momentum and "force" will not allow them to adjust to that new point, and simply flow by him as he accelerates from the new point.
HE absolutely uses their force against them thru simply body turns, hesitation and foot movement.

look at some runs where defender is coming from behind. He will actually bend a bit backwards and as they make contact, he will immediately move torso fwd and use their force to continue to propel him fwd.

Its innate with him. I dont know that it can be taught unless its decades of learning. But its more a "feel" than anything.

he is remarkable.

What Kamara has is something you can't teach or coach...…………..it's something that he gets out of bed with every morning.

I've said many times before that he's the closest thing to Gale Sayers that I've seen since Gale Sayers!!

Alvin Kamara of course divides by zero and gets a remainder.

The sun has to put on Kamara Tan lotion.

Alvin Kamara does not do push-ups, he does world-downs.

Alvin Kamara routinely audits the IRS.

When Alvin Kamara jumps in the water, he doesn't get wet, the water gets Alvin Kamara'd.

Sharks watch Alvin Kamara Week on the Discovery Channel.

Alvin Kamara slapped his doctor when he was born, because the doctor wasn't breathing.

Alvin Kamara has a garden of stones that he routinely gets blood from.

Alvin Kamara is always at least in two places at once.

Alvin Kamara has eaten and still has the same cake 41 times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom