The number 4 wideout is not on the roster right now. (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Unless something changes Ginn and Smith will be the number 2/3 wideouts after Thomas. But after that there is a major dropoff on the roster. So I think either a trade at the end of the preseason or player who is on the bubble who gets cut from team that has better WR depth then the Saints.

Maybe it's a little early but about 2 weeks from now, I think some names start to come out of WR available.

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Grayson hasn’t even been mentioned. He’s doing well and is a burner. I could see Butler/Grayson making it and Kirkwood starting on pup.

Lots of competition at wr. Just need to see who can get open consistently.
Didn’t Kirkwood participate in TC? I think I recall seeing his name. This, he can’t go on PUP. He would have to go to IR.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Kirkwood is talented. You could see that last year. He's got 1st round pick size/speed but just needs time to get his route running together.

I see no chance Payton gives up on him this soon over a minor injury.

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Is Kirkwood back at practice yet? Could be a IR designated to return if it’s something that will take a while. He was definitely the number 2 WR last season and I’d like to see what he can accomplish this year.

dutar76

3rd Year Pro
Reaction score
Is Kirkwood back at practice yet? Could be a IR designated to return if it’s something that will take a while. He was definitely the number 2 WR last season and I’d like to see what he can accomplish this year.
Wasn't he working out with a trainer yesterday? Or am I thinking of another player?

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Unless something changes Ginn and Smith will be the number 2/3 wideouts after Thomas. But after that there is a major dropoff on the roster. So I think either a trade at the end of the preseason or player who is on the bubble who gets cut from team that has better WR depth then the Saints.

Maybe it's a little early but about 2 weeks from now, I think some names start to come out of WR available.
I guess my first question would be, how do you know? I mean, you could be right but how would you know?

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
:smilielol:Poor Josh.

Just pencil him in for his usual 16 catches 154 yards and 1 TD for the season.
This is unfortunate because Josh Hill is actually a good receiver. When he first came into the league he was a good receiving tight end in college and the coach wanted him to be that 1b to Jimmy Graham. But over the years his main role has changed to more of a blocking tight end and occasional decoy receiver.

CRESS_137

Formerly known as Born_A_Saint
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There is a bunch of solid competition at #4-6. Sean, Pete and the offensive staff are the only ones who really know what's what.

Reaction score
I’m still curious as to what WR4 are better than Kirkwood.

It’s not like WR4 is a position of need on the team.

Kirkwood had like 15 catches and 4TDs in really limited action.

That’s more TDS than Hogan had in NE.

Like what WR4 are comparing him too or competing with. Nobody says “we need to improve our WR4 position” it’s just nonsense. It’s a backup role mostly, a WR4 hardly sees the field. Our guy is talented. Like what WR4 is putting up good numbers that you’re jealous of?

Reaction score
Thomas, Ginn, Smith, and Kirkwood. I think those are your top 4, as of now, but it could change by the start of the season. I think Grayson, Butler, Carr and Humphrey are all battling for a spot. I've been really impressed with what I've heard/seen of Butler and Grayson. While I wouldn't be shocked if we brought in a vet at some point, I definitely think we have ample competition at receiver. Plus, at the end of the day I think Cook will be the teams 2nd in targets and receiving yards. We should be just fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom