The number 4 wideout is not on the roster right now. (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Unless something changes Ginn and Smith will be the number 2/3 wideouts after Thomas. But after that there is a major dropoff on the roster. So I think either a trade at the end of the preseason or player who is on the bubble who gets cut from team that has better WR depth then the Saints.

Maybe it's a little early but about 2 weeks from now, I think some names start to come out of WR available.

Unless something changes Ginn and Smith will be the number 2/3 wideouts after Thomas. But after that there is a major dropoff on the roster. So I think either a trade at the end of the preseason or player who is on the bubble who gets cut from team that has better WR depth then the Saints.

Maybe it's a little early but about 2 weeks from now, I think some names start to come out of WR available.
I don't know about that. They seem very high on both Butler and Kirkwood. Either, or both, would fit nicely into that roster spot especially since we now have Cook as a decent receiving option at TE. Jmo.

There is Kirkwood. But if you talking about number 4 option, there is Cooks, Kamara, and the other running backs and tight ends if need be. So why waste your time and draft picks just to get a #4 receiver? We haven't even mention Butler and Cobbs who is doing well.

I would be into trading for a WR 100%.

Was exhausting seeing these undrafted rookies having to step up from the practice squad to play last year in playoff conditions. Looks like it will be same situation this year.

Trading Patrick Robinson would be my move.

This may be really controversial and I doubt it happens but....

I find it highly unlikely the Saints would replace their developmental players ( rookie and 2nd year guys) with a vet to be the #4 WR. The competition at #4 and #5 SHOULD be young guys. The competition there is good right now with Kirkwood, Butler, Humphrey, Cobb and Carr. (On a side note, if Carr makes the team...we're in trouble. That means 0 improvement has occurred at the end of the roster at WR...0.)

If we sign a vet, and again that's a big IF, it is with #2 or #3 snaps in mind. This would be directed towards replacing Ginn or pushing Smith down the depth chart.

Last edited:
Kirkwood was more than solid next year. Not sure why you wouldn’t see him as a #4. A #4 WR hardly makes an impact for most teams, and I’d wager Kirkwood is a good as any #4 in the league. He proved last year he is more than capable of contributing offensive production.

Everyone seems in on Butler, but obviously that needs to be worked out over time. Not to mention Austin Carr has at least proved to be a dependable slot guy.

I think it’s a luxury not many teams have to be “worried” about a WR4

We've been singing the same song for years ago. As I stated a few months ago, this is reminding me of 2017 by the lack of receiving options.

If Butler steps up and turns out to be huge, then we can quiet things down. If not, then unless we spend a draft pick at this position (which I thought we would do) we will continue to scrape the barrel with UDFAs and & washed up veterans.

I'm not one to be over anxious about a Rookie

Especially one who is an UDFA

But....

I've watched Emmanuel Butlers tape, and I've watched him in Camp

He looks like the real deal man, and the perfect compliment to MT on the other side

I will say though, there is some credibility to what your saying. It wouldnt hurt to bring in another guy just to compete with our young guys

We will just have to wait and see, but I like what I'm seeing out of Butler

I like Lil J Hump lol as well, but he is raw and could use some coaching up this year. I think hes a perfect practice squad candidate

I would be into trading for a WR 100%.

Was exhausting seeing these undrafted rookies having to step up from the practice squad to play last year in playoff conditions. Looks like it will be same situation this year.

Trading Patrick Robinson would be my move.

Yeah... but the Saints were good enough with guys like Kirky and Carr... and even Dan Arnold.. to make it to the SuperBowl last season, if not for the worst no-call in the history of history.

In this case, with not knowing how many more years Drew has left = we are all in. I sure would feel a lot better knowing we had a Vet to step in if MT or TG were injured for any length of time.

Opposing Defenses of the playoff caliber teams will take TQS and the other youngsters out of games quickly. This is an important year.

In this case, with not knowing how many more years Drew has left = we are all in. I sure would feel a lot better knowing we had a Vet to step in if MT or TG were injured for any length of time.

Opposing Defenses of the playoff caliber teams will take TQS and the other youngsters out of games quickly. This is an important year.

Well, Dez Bryant states that the Saints have first crack at him when he’s recovered from his injury.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom