The number 4 wideout is not on the roster right now. (1 Viewer)

I don't know about that. They seem very high on both Butler and Kirkwood. Either, or both, would fit nicely into that roster spot especially since we now have Cook as a decent receiving option at TE. Jmo.
80% chance both of those guys make it, assuming Kirkwood returns by week 4 of preseason and Butler doesn’t get injured again.

Grayson hasn’t even been mentioned. He’s doing well and is a burner. I could see Butler/Grayson making it and Kirkwood starting on pup.

Lots of competition at wr. Just need to see who can get open consistently.
Didn’t Kirkwood participate in TC? I think I recall seeing his name. This, he can’t go on PUP. He would have to go to IR.

Didn’t Kirkwood participate in TC? I think I recall seeing his name. This, he can’t go on PUP. He would have to go to IR.

Yes. And he ran with the 1's while Mike Thomas was holding out. It was reported that he looked good in the lead role.

Kirkwood is talented. You could see that last year. He's got 1st round pick size/speed but just needs time to get his route running together.

I see no chance Payton gives up on him this soon over a minor injury.

Is Kirkwood back at practice yet? Could be a IR designated to return if it’s something that will take a while. He was definitely the number 2 WR last season and I’d like to see what he can accomplish this year.

Is Kirkwood back at practice yet? Could be a IR designated to return if it’s something that will take a while. He was definitely the number 2 WR last season and I’d like to see what he can accomplish this year.

Wasn't he working out with a trainer yesterday? Or am I thinking of another player?

Unless something changes Ginn and Smith will be the number 2/3 wideouts after Thomas. But after that there is a major dropoff on the roster. So I think either a trade at the end of the preseason or player who is on the bubble who gets cut from team that has better WR depth then the Saints.

Maybe it's a little early but about 2 weeks from now, I think some names start to come out of WR available.

I guess my first question would be, how do you know? I mean, you could be right but how would you know?

:smilielol:Poor Josh.

Just pencil him in for his usual 16 catches 154 yards and 1 TD for the season.
This is unfortunate because Josh Hill is actually a good receiver. When he first came into the league he was a good receiving tight end in college and the coach wanted him to be that 1b to Jimmy Graham. But over the years his main role has changed to more of a blocking tight end and occasional decoy receiver.

There is a bunch of solid competition at #4-6. Sean, Pete and the offensive staff are the only ones who really know what's what.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom