The NYT Anonymous source is back (1 Viewer)

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’m not sure about this guy (woman). If it’s Kellyanne Conway I think I’ll throw up.

UTSaintsFan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's starting to look like this person was motivated by greed from the beginning. Not that anything they said about Trump in the Op-Ed wasn't true, but portraying themselves as some beacon of light protecting the country from him is malarkey. Unless it is someone that has been fired by Trump for standing up to him. I'll wait to see who it is.

xpuma20x

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
It's starting to look like this person was motivated by greed from the beginning.
The article I read said they turned down a seven figure advance and instead will donate the majority of the money to the White House Correspondents Association and various other pro-freedom of the press organizations. I'm not sure that qualifies as being motivated by greed.

UTSaintsFan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The article I read said they turned down a seven figure advance and instead will donate the majority of the money to the White House Correspondents Association and various other pro-freedom of the press organizations. I'm not sure that qualifies as being motivated by greed.
If that's true I will change my stance. I'm going to just wait and see.

xpuma20x

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
If that's true I will change my stance. I'm going to just wait and see.

The quote is towards the bottom middle. It's the publisher's words at least, reported by CNN. Not sure if anyone else has reported that or not yet.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score

The quote is towards the bottom middle. It's the publisher's words at least, reported by CNN. Not sure if anyone else has reported that or not yet.
I'll take your word for it because I'm lazy this morning. With that being the case, I'd say his motivations are good. And he deserves to make money for writing the book, so I'm not going to fault the guy for making a profit on his work while donating a whole bunch of it to the people who have to get harassed and mistreated by Trump on a daily basis.

This year has flown by. When I saw in the OP that it's coming out in November, I thought, "Man, that's so far away," not realizing today is 10/23.

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What a good time to release a book, during this Ukraine scandel.... The timing could not be any more perfect... Imagine that.

Shocked I tell ya..... Shocked...

Wouldn't it be something if Mr. Anonymous and Mr. Whistleblower turned out to be the same person. Or at least the two were in cahoots...

N.O.Bronco

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What a good time to release a book, during this Ukraine scandel.... The timing could not be any more perfect... Imagine that.

Wouldn't it be something if Mr. Anonymous and Mr. Whistleblower turned out to be the same person. Or at least the two were in cahoots...
I feel like you are like half a dozen spin cycles behind at this point.

Mulvaney already admitted the substance of the whistleblowers’s claims. Bill Taylor just testified under oath that the administration explicitly withheld congressionally passed aid to coerce an investigation into his chief political rival and the DNC.

Unless you are so down the rabbit hole in support of Trump that you are angry at anyone that would dare speak out about his corruption and criminality, slandering the whistleblower’s now corroborated and re-corroborated seems silly.

MrScary

KCCO
Reaction score
I have little use for this coward trying to do the right thing while at the same time allowing all the wrong things to keep happening. Grow a spine, have some actual principles to stand up to the erosion of our ideals, and get out of the wolf's lair in full view.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’m also a bit tired of the anonymous stuff. If this is truly a senior official, they need to get out there and tell the truth.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’m also a bit tired of the anonymous stuff. If this is truly a senior official, they need to get out there and tell the truth.
Agree. It's one thing to be the anonymous person sending cables out to the world that there's a disease on the inside - and there's genuine reason to fear reprisal with little backup. But it's another to keep trying that when it's all become public.

Either stand up and state your case or keep your mouth shut. Anonymous is just cowardice at this point.

porculator

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Yea they should have waited for a week where Trump wasn't doing something incredibly stupid. But then he would be dead.

porculator

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Agree. It's one thing to be the anonymous person sending cables out to the world that there's a disease on the inside - and there's genuine reason to fear reprisal with little backup. But it's another to keep trying that when it's all become public.

Either stand up and state your case or keep your mouth shut. Anonymous is just cowardice at this point.
But if he reveals himself he won't be able to plow Ivanka anymore

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom