The O line is a prime example (1 Viewer)

...You are happy it worked out but any true planner (i have this trait) will seethe over the things that didn't go right and disregard what did. Objectively if Anthony or Peat end up productive players I could care less where their final position is.

The most successful planners across all walks of life are those that accept that things rarely go according to plan and are able to adapt as things go off plan. They don't fixate on being right, they focus on the situation at hand and adjust. It's like the old adage about God laughing when humans make plans.

I will note in the other article and Clemms mentioned this in his post that we shouldn't get too excited about Peat's game at LG due to the level of talent he was facing.

We shouldn't get too excited about Peat either way. It's still to early to know how good or bad he will be and the Giants game won't determine that either.

Low and Behold in the Raiders Tweet Post the point out how he was beaten several times/over extends and ends up on the ground much. I'll be positive and hope he continues to get better but...

I get the impression you'd rather be right that Peat was a bad pick than to see him improve.

...I wouldn't be surprised if he has a down game against the Giants because he'll be facing a better talents in Johnathan Hankins/Damon Harrison and whatever DE Spags likes to rotate to DT in his Nascar Package(likely Robert Ayers)

More than not being surprised, I get the impression that you hope he will have a down game. If he does, remember not to get too excited about him and make any declarations about him one way or another over just one game.

I like to think of it this way.

Let's say Peat becomes a very good LG. People are gonna say he was meant to be an OT, so it's less value.

But if we'd drafted Collins with our 1st (assume he had no legal issues at the time) and he became a very good LG for us, people would be calling it brilliant and good value.

Whether we meant to or not, I'm just happy our 1st rounder is starting and looking good. As for the competition, he's not going to be facing 10+ sack guys at LG no matter what team we play. He's a guard.

No doubt, I'm not saying if he works out at LG that he's anything but a success. Hell, if anything, it's proving to be quite handy now that we are in a really big need for OG and set at OT so it's even an added bonus.

Still doesn't change the fact that we got lucky he made the transition. Payton and Loomis both stated in the past that they had zero intentions of moving Peat inside and that he was a pure OT. So hard to credit the talent evaluations when they couldn't have been more wrong either way. I've been saying it's just really bad luck with all the injuries on defense too. But if you are going to credit luck to someone then it should be done equally.

...Still doesn't change the fact that we got lucky he made the transition. Payton and Loomis both stated in the past that they had zero intentions of moving Peat inside and that he was a pure OT...

I remember them saying they had zero intentions of moving him inside, but I don't recall them ever saying that he was a pure OT that couldn't play inside. I think you misunderstood or dis-remembered what they said. Could be me though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom