The O line is a prime example (1 Viewer)

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We are so quick to scream and yell our opinion like we could actually be a coach or gm in this league. It's not as easy as we might think and we aren't there to see what the rest of the team sees. The board went absolutely insane over preseason about the O line. Payton took heat, Loomis took heat the organization was terrible we don't want to win, (my favorite) we have become a defensive team. Brees is terrible etc and then we go out first game and Ingram averaged 4 yards a carry and Drew is the least pressured QB in the league while throwing for over 400 yards and 4 Tds. All of this while people were complaining about Spiller being inactive. Do you really think we knew more about this offense than they did.
The defense lost Rankins and Swann in preseason, Lewis who couldn't get healthy and then Ellerbe and Breaux in week one. That is some very big losses. All starters. Then we proceed to go out there and hold what is supposed to be one of the better offenses in the league to 170 yards and 10 points through 3 quarters. Breaux shut down one half of the field for almost 3 quarters. Then you had 3 rookies covering one of the better WR duos in the league.
I Said it in another thread. We were a top 10 team through 3 quarters and then injuries finally caught us. This coaching staff and front office are building a winner. You just can't foresee injuries.
I don't care about the dead money. You only have 53 spots on this team and they are all filled by quality guys until we got injuries. That $45 m in dead Monday could just as easily have been spent on over rated free agents. Regardless this team is headed in the right direction and until we have all of our staters playing together it's impossible to judge the teams potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you just dont get it, we needed to draft Guards !!! The D is fine....

Sarcasms aside, we were very very close to win that game. This Saints team is not 3-4 wins team. If the D can get to below average levels, we have a chance to end with 9 to 10 wins.

I think one of the worst things that could happen for a fan base is to give them the internet and a keyboard! It's why I try to avoid the board after a loss. I like to wait for a few days and cooler heads to prevail and speak on what they observed. None of the people on the board would have predicted the success of the 1st 3 quarters. I hope the Saints plan of action is unfolding and will bring us a entertaining and successful season. If not, I'll just get more things done on Sundays! I like the way you think Krodwhodat!

Excellent post, OP

I agree with the OP there has been a lot of post on what the front office and coaches are doing wrong in running this team.If we think we do actually know more about what is wrong with this team than we need to be part of the solution in making this team a playoff contender.We should go to Airline Dr. and explain to Sean and Mickey what they are doing wrong and offer solutions to make this team better.I think some members can help with the scouting and player evaluation while others could lend expertise to proper management of the salary cap.

Great post - love the positivity. Something I rarely see on here lately.

Haters coming in 3 .. 2 .. 1 ...

That's right! Everybody just shut up and keep your opinions and concerns to yourselves if they aren't filled with positivity for saints organization. So what if you're a fan? You think you can just come to a unnofficial yet very informative fan forum to discuss positive AND negative views about the team you love with other fans who share your passion? You think it's OK to express your non-professional perspective? Well it isn't. Now put down the crack and and smash your internet viewing device, you silly fool. SUNSHINE!!!

\sarcasm

The O line had a solid performance. I don't think it's because of some grand plan from the coaches or front office though. We lucked out getting Jahri back (that 40 mil in dead money is why we had to cut him in the first place). Their design was to play Peat on the right side and finally moved him to LG when that wasn't working. Strief held up admirably at RT in week 1 but can he do it all season? I am impressed with how the O line did just not sure I agree with your overall point that the coaches and front office knew what they were doing this whole time.

Brees is the best QB in the league and we were the underdogs at home in week 1. We have the best QB in the league (perhaps in history) and it's looking quite likely that at the end of the season we will have to go back 4 years to find a winning season.

Sorry, that's pathetic.

As for the offensive line. We drafted an OT in the top 10, he was moved from LT to RT to RG to LG. He played horribly at every position and played one good game at LG going against a guy that has 3 sacks in his 7 year career. Let's see how he does moving forward. Since our top 10 OT of the future is now our starting LG, we have no OT depth. It's so bad that our "is eligible" player who has always been an OT is now a backup OG.

They pulled it off at the last second but like the CB position, we are one injury away from disaster.

The O line had a solid performance. I don't think it's because of some grand plan from the coaches or front office though. We lucked out getting Jahri back (that 40 mil in dead money is why we had to cut him in the first place). Their design was to play Peat on the right side and finally moved him to LG when that wasn't working. Strief held up admirably at RT in week 1 but can he do it all season? I am impressed with how the O line did just not sure I agree with your overall point that the coaches and front office knew what they were doing this whole time.
For that matter, can Jahri hold up all season? He wasn't able to do it the last two seasons. The O line still needs a lot of attention in the upcoming offseason. And teams that are really contenders don't contend for three quarters and fall off the cliff in the fourth. I still have hope for the season and think we can win some games, but we've hardly solved our defensive problems, and yesterday's release of Spiller is another example of how the FO has made too many wrong moves in the last few years rebuilding the team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom