The offense with Jameis (1 Viewer)

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Is exactly what I thought it would be: predictable. The Panthers already knew what we wanted to do on most plays. I haven’t watched the all 22 but I did see them not cover some routes because they didn’t think he would throw it and they were right. When he had time he didn’t find the open receiver. He didn’t make adjustments to counter the blitz when it was so obvious. You can’t blame all of the pass rush on the offensive line even though they played a bad game.
Payton needs to get rid of that play action out of the jumbo set where Trautman has to come over and block a DE. The Panthers got sacks on that twice. They played the pass both times. The first one is on Trautman, the second is on Payton.

Our receivers are not talented or experienced enough to threaten defenses. It’s one reason Jameis held onto the ball . And another reason why the run game just wasn’t there.

Kamara needs to run his option route to the inside on some plays. He’s become predictable and Jameis is not accurate enough on those short outside throws.

I expect to see a lot more Taysom Hill at QB next week after Payton reviews the game tape. Hopefully Kenny Stills will also get some playing time.

I think Green Bay was a fluke, they just were not prepared.

You think the Green Bay game was a fluke, and not today's game where we were missing a ton of starters and offensive coaches and our O-Line gave up a historic amount of pressures due to miscommunication and we hadn't practiced at home in nearly a month?

Jameis was bad...but that's some severe recency bias right there.

Jameis was under pressure on 65% of passing plays. He almost never had time in the pocket (even on his completions, he was dodging unblocked Panthers). Watch the tape and watch the O-Line whiff on multiple blocks every passing play. I would appreciate a QB that handled the pressure better for sure, but wow - the O-Line (primarily Peat and Ruiz) were god-awful the entire game.

"When he had time he didn't find the open reciever" - when did he have time?

Get off the ledge. We won't look like this every game.

What what are we suppose to do with literally no receivers out there…… ZERO

HOW many receivers that played today was drafted?
who do we have at TE thats beastly ?

calm down
Trequan Smith , Stills and Thomas or on the way!
Putting this solely on Jamie’s with Ruiz and the backup G along with the whole Oline playing avg to poor .
We have one player Kamara they keyed on him we couldn’t move the boy .
We’ve never had a offense with this little fire power .
think about that before blaming Winston .
We literally have 3 Skill players rn that was drafted Winston and Kamara Tautman …..

What what are we suppose to do with literally no receivers out there…… ZERO

HOW many receivers that played today was drafted?
who do we have at TE thats beastly ?

calm down
Trequan Smith , Stills and Thomas or on the way!
Putting this solely on Jamie’s with Ruiz and the backup G along with the whole Oline playing avg to poor .
We have one player Kamara they keyed on him we couldn’t move the boy .
We’ve never had a offense with this little fire power .
think about that before blaming Winston .
We literally have 3 Skill players rn that was drafted Winston and Kamara Tautman …..
True - and our vaunted O-Line was actually a bigger problem than reciever separation IMO. Maybe Stills is ready week 3? Maybe that new Center starts over Ruiz? Hopefully some fixes are in place, because the Patriots will have all kinds of confusing defensive schemes waiting for us next week.

True - and our vaunted O-Line was actually a bigger problem than reciever separation IMO. Maybe Stills is ready week 3? Maybe that new Center starts over Ruiz? Hopefully some fixes are in place, because the Patriots will have all kinds of confusing defensive schemes waiting for us next week.
When I see Armstead try to block two players that says that Winston is not paying attention to protection schemes. The line can’t protect when they don’t have a direction. Payton prioritizes A and B gap protection and Winston made no adjustments to make sure that happened. He just let a DB run through the B gap untouched. Armstead was like “what should I do?” Because he knew the protection wasn’t called.

I played along for 1 week but I’m off this Jameis Winston train.

Brees would see that and audible to a different play, or call the protection.

We are royally screwed on offense. Need to draft a QB or trade for one.

Winston predictable? LoL maybe so but I'm perplexed @ how u don't think teams would view Hill as alot more of the same when usually he's only in the game to take a deep shot or to run the QB power play. No defense would respect Hill tryna manage an offense for an entire game

Last edited:
People are going to take every opportunity to birch about Winston - win, draw, and especially after a loss. We might as well be prepped for it for the rest of the season.
Yeah, I’m finally starting to realize that.

If you could watch yesterday’s game and think Jameis was the problem…it’s not even worth having a conversation.

You think the Green Bay game was a fluke, and not today's game where we were missing a ton of starters and offensive coaches and our O-Line gave up a historic amount of pressures due to miscommunication and we hadn't practiced at home in nearly a month?

Jameis was bad...but that's some severe recency bias right there.

Jameis was under pressure on 65% of passing plays. He almost never had time in the pocket (even on his completions, he was dodging unblocked Panthers). Watch the tape and watch the O-Line whiff on multiple blocks every passing play. I would appreciate a QB that handled the pressure better for sure, but wow - the O-Line (primarily Peat and Ruiz) were god-awful the entire game.

"When he had time he didn't find the open reciever" - when did he have time?

Get off the ledge. We won't look like this every game.
Agree, the two first rounders for Peat and Ruiz look worse and worse. Still can’t believe we doubled down with Peat on a big 2nd contract; I’m convinced that was first round pick goggles (didn’t want a Miss to get out the building w/o compensation).

Ya, Winston is the reason Entergy took so long to turn on the power after Ida and why they have trash in the street. If only Drew was here. :bandg:
Don't worry..................................................................... there is still ample time to blame Jamies for the Superdome fire. If only he would have just checked us into run on the zone blitzes.

He didn’t make adjustments to counter the blitz when it was so obvious. You can’t blame all of the pass rush on the offensive line even though they played a bad game.

Neither did Brees in his first year with the Saints. A lot of that bad OLine play can be boiled down to the circumstances around the game. You lost coaches pivotal to the position, plus the man responsible directly for it. Once again, couple that with not being home in weeks, worried about your family and the still ongoing pandemic, and boom. You get the result you get in the Panthers game. Well, that and we haven't started 2-0 since, what, 2013? This is the status quo under SP. Start 1-1/1-2, Break off 9 or 10 straight and flounder in the playoffs. Is that a Winston problem, too?

Love or hate Winston, I don't understand how people can put the blame on him with those kinds of circumstances/distractions around him. People looked passed Brees and his litany of bad games early on, and even the games later on in his career where he would inevitably lay an egg every season (along with the rest of the team), but somehow Winston's to blame for a loss in his second game in a Saints uniform while missing major pieces? At least give him a season or two (like you did for Brees) before cueing the cries for Taysom or making some ridiculous claim that he's predictable. I mean, come on. Don't let your hate of the Bucs cloud your common sense.

Winston will be fine if he's called the right play coming out of the huddle. He can execute the called play and get it out quickly. The problem is when the coaches don't anticipate the defense. Then Jameis becomes either slow and deliberate or desperate to get the ball to his comfort player. This is extremely typical of an NFL quarterback's development and he's further along that path than either Taysom or Book.

Time will tell if he makes the next step.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom