The offense with Jameis (1 Viewer)

When I see Armstead try to block two players that says that Winston is not paying attention to protection schemes. The line can’t protect when they don’t have a direction. Payton prioritizes A and B gap protection and Winston made no adjustments to make sure that happened. He just let a DB run through the B gap untouched. Armstead was like “what should I do?” Because he knew the protection wasn’t called.

I played along for 1 week but I’m off this Jameis Winston train.

Brees would see that and audible to a different play, or call the protection.

We are royally screwed on offense. Need to draft a QB or trade for one.
Bye! Need help packing? Because if you are off the Winston train then you are off the WHO DAT train too! He's our QB. Get over it. Would you rather Taysom, Trevor or Ian start? U think they are better? Did you react this way when Drew threw multiple picks in a game?

Winston will be fine if he's called the right play coming out of the huddle. He can execute the called play and get it out quickly. The problem is when the coaches don't anticipate the defense. Then Jameis becomes either slow and deliberate or desperate to get the ball to his comfort player. This is extremely typical of an NFL quarterback's development and he's further along that path than either Taysom or Book.

Time will tell if he makes the next step.
And we also don't know what Sean is telling him. Surely he knows how to audible but hasn't been doing it. Perhaps he's following orders. I doubt it seriously SP agreed with every audible Drew made.

Winston threw for 5 TDs when given protection, and not so much when not protected. So, the question isn't what's wrong with Winston. What's wrong with that O line. Sean rested all the calls in McCoys basket, and it showed. Next game they will have it all ironed out.

Talented player but Winston is Winston that's for sure. But this loss is because of extenuating circumstances. This team limped into this game.

We can win with Winston but I do believe he is who he is.
That’s a good take IMO.
The Saints have to make sure things around Winston are working well, so he doesn’t end up in situations where he starts to get rattled and start making YOLO throws…

If the pass protection and the run game are working, then Winston can really shine…

Things broke down big time vs the Panties and nothing was working… he got rattled, and the results were what they were.

Yo Admins can we start a Clown club , maybe the Goodell wall of shame and put posters on it , the premise of the original post is absurd maybe some shaming will keep the clowns at bay.

Its Week 2 man and we have no clue what this team is going to be yet. What alternate clown dimension have you been living in ? Arrgh

Jury is out. Agree a two game sample is just too small of a size to draw any conclusions. However, I do agree that Hill should be given a bigger role. He's been here longer and actually started more games in this offense. Not as a replacement for Winston but as a multiplier for an offense missing a key weapon.

I don't know i was looking at the numbers not Jameis himself. Im a person that looks at reality and all the facts not just highlights or what the media tells me. Im behind Jameis being QB
Seriously since last year, that still shot of Winston has been used so much when referring to something.

My concern is not Jameis but that the Panthers followed the blueprint that has stymied even Drew Brees led offense. Bump the avg WRs at the line and bring pressure from different areas. OL is outnumbered and QB has to be decisive immediately or a sack or incompletion is the result. Jameis needs 1. Good running game to negate rush 2. Better WR play to get open soon after play develops and 3. To make quick decision to throw away to avoid sacks.

Jury is out. Agree a two game sample is just too small of a size to draw any conclusions. However, I do agree that Hill should be given a bigger role. He's been here longer and actually started more games in this offense. Not as a replacement for Winston but as a multiplier for an offense missing a key weapon.
Winston lit up Green Bay for 5 TDs, and your solution is more Taysom Hill after 2 games.

I expect to see a lot more Taysom Hill at QB next week after Payton reviews the game tape
I was reading along and pretty much enjoying your take until I got to this needle on a record scratching statement. You can expect to see a lot more of Hill but you'll be sadly disappointed. Hill is not an NFL starting QB. Hill is the best all around player in the NFL. That is his position. The sooner this is accepted, the better you will feel.

We roll with Winston untiil the rookie Ian Book learns the offense. I expect the rookie to start next year and Winston will go elsewhere after a below avg season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom