The official 2021 saints undrafted free agent class thread (1 Viewer)

The comparison between Murray and Scott stops after you get past their size. Murray is still much faster than Scott I’m sure... but that doesn’t mean Scott isn’t any good.
He’s a power RB that pounds the ball into a defense. He also has a nose for the end zone.

I-formation sets with Murray or Scott and Alex Armah leading the way are going to be able to hammer out short yardage situations very consistently.

Oh, I never said the kid couldn't play, he has got good size and it appears he has some shiftiness....I'm just saying that comparing him to LM (as you say stops at size) is not a legit comparison....if he had the athleticism of LM he would have been a 2nd day pick likely....

I'll watch it again later and check his feet. I just thought it was interesting how almost every guy he went against just crumbled after impact. It's like he was significantly more powerful than they were.
Also he is going against 220 lb naia defensive ends . Still an interesting prospect like the kind the redskins took a few years ago

I hope Stevie Scott and Trill Williams make the team. They look special. We can use depth at both of those positions. Trill looks like a good replacement for Malcolm Jenkins in the future. And we need a replacement for Latavius Murray. Scott is faster and more agile.

I don't think Scott is close to as agile or fast as Murray. Murray runs like a 4.4 and Scott at best ran a 4.67. Scott looks like a very good power back, but he lacks long speed. On the YouTube footage above he's great at getting the 6 to 10 yard run, but he doesn't seem to have that extra gear to turn those runs into TDs like Murray does. He's decently quick in the hole, but Murray is quicker IMO.

I like the idea of Scott as a short yardage back, which we need since Brees is no longer around to leap, but I'm not sure he's a Murray replacement.

Not sure what the Saints see in him. Completely void of athletic ability, got bullied at the point of attack as a blocker and a lot of low effort plays. Literally just a big body.

My exact thoughts, he is a big body so being a blocker is definitely what they saw in him but I saw him whiff on a few blocks outside the LOS as he's not quick enough to get to his spot.

Most of the UDFA outside of Scott (RB) Williams (DB) and Brown (G) and the DT from Washington, don't look like much to me but guys to fill the bottom of the roster to rest starters during camp and preseason games.

But MAAANNNN.... the rest of that OL stinks! It's a shame that 1/2 the plays in your highlight reel are for negative yards. wow.

But MAAANNNN.... the rest of that OL stinks! It's a shame that 1/2 the plays in your highlight reel, your team gets negative yards. wow.
Yeah, but Carrol College is a small college in Montana. My uncle is an alumni. To see a kid that strong, with that kind of footwork come out of a college at that level? Seriously I’m really interested to see what he can do. I’m not thinking he will get all that much time this year, but if they look at him as a developmental project it kinda gets me excited honestly. I seriously hope he does well

He should be fine @ spot duty. I don't think they look for him to start opposite MT
Harris is the kind of guy that having a longer passing attack will help greatly. He gets beat up in situations like last year where coverage and everything is tight and he got banged around more. Put him in some deep outs and such where he can use his speed to get separation and he will be less banged up n

Harris is the kind of guy that having a longer passing attack will help greatly. He gets beat up in situations like last year where coverage and everything is tight and he got banged around more. Put him in some deep outs and such where he can use his speed to get separation and he will be less banged up n

Agreed and someone made a great point a while ago about using him on jet sweeps, those are high risk plays for a small WR....would be nice to conserve him for the more important roles (KR, PR and WR)....

The comparison between Murray and Scott stops after you get past their size. Murray is still much faster than Scott I’m sure... but that doesn’t mean Scott isn’t any good.
He’s a power RB that pounds the ball into a defense. He also has a nose for the end zone.

I-formation sets with Murray or Scott and Alex Armah leading the way are going to be able to hammer out short yardage situations very consistently.
Tony Jones Jr was around the roster all year last year for the Saints. In a meaningless week 17 game, he got 3 carries. That is 2 more than Tommylee Lewis got that game (!!!???). While no 2 players are exactly the same - and there is all to play for for Scott - the chance he sees the field in a real NFL game this year is virtually nil. Even if he is a pile-mover that is $ on 3rd and 1 ... running is only part of the game for the Saints, and his chance to play for this organization probably relies more on his pass-blocking/blitz pick-up than his running skill alone. It is fun to get excited about all these UDFA, but realistically Scott is signing with a team with multiple proven RBs reducing both his chance to make an active roster and make any contribution on the field.

Or: if he gets snaps we must be in a world of injury hurt.

Tony Jones Jr was around the roster all year last year for the Saints. In a meaningless week 17 game, he got 3 carries. That is 2 more than Tommylee Lewis got that game (!!!???). While no 2 players are exactly the same - and there is all to play for for Scott - the chance he sees the field in a real NFL game this year is virtually nil. Even if he is a pile-mover that is $ on 3rd and 1 ... running is only part of the game for the Saints, and his chance to play for this organization probably relies more on his pass-blocking/blitz pick-up than his running skill alone. It is fun to get excited about all these UDFA, but realistically Scott is signing with a team with multiple proven RBs reducing both his chance to make an active roster and make any contribution on the field.

Or: if he gets snaps we must be in a world of injury hurt.
Absolutely! He’s an UDFA joining an established and deep RB corps with Murray and Montgomery clearly ahead of him (all behind AK41)... and Washington’s special teams prowess holding his spot (especially now with Hardee gone; Washington is 2nd only to JT Gray is ST value).

If Scott makes it, it will be on the PS (if everyone is healthy) and he’d have to beat-out Tony Jones. I think Jones really missed a great opportunity last season (not his fault) by only being able to handle 2 carries before getting hurt.

Yeah, but Carrol College is a small college in Montana. My uncle is an alumni. To see a kid that strong, with that kind of footwork come out of a college at that level? Seriously I’m really interested to see what he can do. I’m not thinking he will get all that much time this year, but if they look at him as a developmental project it kinda gets me excited honestly. I seriously hope he does well
Might be a good blocking TE or swing tackle

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom