The official 2021 saints undrafted free agent class thread (1 Viewer)

At his pro day - RB Stevie Scott ran a 4.66 forty and the short shuttle of 4.57 (source - Hoosiers Now, official pro day results) And everyone knows that your pro day is where you see the fastest of your forty times. So he's the type of RB that would likely have run between 4.70 to 4.73 if at the Indy combine.

In comparison, at Latavius Murray's pro day, he clocked a 4.38 forty time and 4.36 short shuttle (source Wikipedia)

So before the "camp beast" proclamations begin... just a little dose of reality.
That’s a great “glass half empty” view.
He’s a power RB with good agility and nifty feet. Size-wise he’s similar to Murray, but Murray is a home run threat with rare speed for a big RB.

Watch the tape of Scott vs Big 10 defenses like Penn St and Michigan... then tell me he sucks with a straight face.

This team because of salary cap restrictions will probably have every draft pick make the roster and a few UDFA's.
I can definitely see every draft pick being good enough to make the roster. At worst bottom half of draft will be Special teams or rotational players that can develop into something more eventually.

Even the one pick Ian Book i didnt care much for initially will serve as a legitimate backup. This will enable Taysom to be Jack of all Trades, if Winston wins starting QB.

QB walk on who turned to an offensive lineman. Interesting.

That’s a great “glass half empty” view.
He’s a power RB with good agility and nifty feet. Size-wise he’s similar to Murray, but Murray is a home run threat with rare speed for a big RB.

Watch the tape of Scott vs Big 10 defenses like Penn St and Michigan... then tell me he sucks with a straight face.

Can he play special teams?

This highlight reel reminds me of the one I saw on Jahri Evans coming out of Bloomsburg. A man amongst boys. You'll be craving pancakes after watching.

This guy must be really strong. A lot of those D-linemen just crumble after he hits them and then if that doesn't work, it looks like he torques them into the ground. He's doing this as a young man, wait until he adds more weight and gets that grown man strength.

Looks like an excellent special teamer as a punt returner and gunner.

Recovering from an ACL injury for 11 months. Ready to go soon.

Alright. If he works out, this could help Deonte just concentrate on being a WR for us b/c we really could use Deonte more. He just keeps getting hurt which hurts us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom