"The OFFICIAL ALL THINGS JEREMY SHOCKEY" THREAD(MERGED) (1 Viewer)

Nevimeister

I was there!
Reaction score
POST ALL OF YOUR SHOCKEY INFO/SPECULATION/TRADE SCENARIOS RIGHT HERE-Thanks, Scott B

Jeremy Shockey found the playbook Terrell Owens left behind in Philadelphia. The X's and O's of shooting your way out of town.

Shockey must go. And there doesn't seem to be any doubt he wants to go.......

It's possible that his behavior at minicamp was intended to force the Giants to trade him, but one source aware of the team's thinking said, "They are not going to give him away." Still, the Giants must try to maintain the chemistry they developed in their Super Bowl run or they will be nothing more than one-month wonders. Right around the draft, the Saints wanted Shockey and offered the Giants their second-round pick this year and their fifth-round pick next year. Considering Shockey's behavior, the Giants blew it by not taking those two draft picks and saying goodbye. That is probably going to be the best offer they get.

They should get back on the phone with Saints coach Sean Payton and hope he still wants the player he coached as a rookie to provide firepower for Drew Brees. The Giants have lost their leverage with teams knowing they have no choice but to trade him. They must get rid of him before training camp or risk his bad attitude poisoning the locker room.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...hockey_be.html

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy will be a distraction to ANY team.

This guy will be a distraction to ANY team.

You're certainly right about that...as defenses key on him, it will open things up for Bush, Colston, Meachem and the rest of the guys.

...Right around the draft, the Saints wanted Shockey and offered the Giants their second-round pick this year and their fifth-round pick next year. Considering Shockey's behavior, the Giants blew it by not taking those two draft picks and saying goodbye. That is probably going to be the best offer they get.

Exactly!

:9:

You're certainly right about that...as defenses key on him, it will open things up for Bush, Colston, Meachem and the rest of the guys.

I think he meant in a locker-room cancer type of way...

While I think Shockey is a great offensive talent, he's also offensive (pun intended) and refuses to block, from what I've seen of Giants games. That leaves our running game in a bit of trouble, as we've struggled with getting the run going without Mark Campbell, our only true "run-blocking" TE.

If we can get Shockey on the "cheap", I'd say may be worth it...but I think it's too high risk for the reward on offer...

Just my two cents (which in America would be worth 4, woot!)

While I think Shockey is a great offensive talent, he's also offensive (pun intended) and refuses to block, from what I've seen of Giants games. That leaves our running game in a bit of trouble, as we've struggled with getting the run going without Mark Campbell, our only true "run-blocking" TE.

If we can get Shockey on the "cheap", I'd say may be worth it...but I think it's too high risk for the reward on offer...

I think he caught the sarcasm the first time. It was just a whitty response.

Living in DC, I couldn't disagree with you more. The Giants play on my local stations up here so I see a TON of Giant games. I don't know what games he has taken plays off (I don't see EVERY NYG game) but it hasn't happened while I have watched. . Matter of fact, I watched the GIants/Philly game on NFL Replay yesterday. Not trying to sound rude here bro, sorry if it is coming off that way.

I really think you misunderstood something you have read. Shockey has said he wants to be more involved in the passing game. The Giants offensive system calls for the tight end to primarily block. I think that is where the confusion came from, that is different than him saying he didn't want to block.

I also have to disagree that Campbell is better at blocking. Shockey ravishes the people he takes on, usually bull-rushing them 5 yards back. He is a very good blocker.

LMAO that was a great comeback... I can sip to that though, he'll also help open up holes for our RBs and really keep the opposing d honest.

To the Dolphins for Taylor. Everyone is happy except the Saints fans who are wrong for wanting him. Or, maybe he can petition the league to give him an expansion team. Of course, he won't play special teams, block, or have anyone to throw him the ball, but he will be the star. It will all be about Jeremy. Just the way he wants it.

LMAO that was a great comeback... I can sip to that though, he'll also help open up holes for our RBs and really keep the opposing d honest.

I don't know why some folks are down on this move... they must be content with mediocre play from the TE position... and I know damm well that Shocky would be our cover-2 killer... because we need a TE that can get up the seam... and NONE of the current TEs that we have are gonna do it.

If you have an opportunity to improve your team... you take it... I'm just mad that Reese didn't take the offer during the draft.

Now here come the "oh great... another Shockey thread" folks. :covri:

"Shockey ravishes the people he takes on..."

Um, dude, i really think you mean "ravages", tho i suppose it's possible... :hmm:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom