The Official DeSean Jackson bandwagon thread (1 Viewer)

if we draft desean jackson, thats gonna make me worried that Payton doesn't think Meachem is going to contribute much, i still hoping Meachem turns out to be the beast i was drooling over watching the combines and his highlight reels, i want Meachem, 6'2 210 runs a 4.39, to be the perfect compliment to Colston. I hope we pick Kenny Philips, but i wont be that upset about getting DeSean IF Benson spends money and gets us talented player in the FA, like Nnamdi Asomugha and Lance Briggs

If he is the top player on our board then by all means draft him. If Ted Ginn Jr. went # 9 Jackson is definitly worth the #10 pick. He is a sure effect on the return game, and with Devery Henderson probably gone he adds the big play threat this team really needs.

I know we need youth and talent on D. However, I would rather they didn't reach to fill a need. Thats what happened with Sullivan. Its not because they traded up, its because they panic'd after Robertson was gone. They went in wanting a DT at all cost, they got what they wanted. And three years later he isn't even in football. They reached because they felt they were weak. I don't want that to happen again. Take the player you think most deserves to be picked higher (regardless of need).

even tho i agree with the bpa theory, i think it ONLY works best when you have a team that dosent have many needs. teams like the pats and colts use this because they dont have many major needs or either side of the ball and they compete for championships every year. but look at the teams like us who use bpa when the have glaring needs else were lions, saints and you can see its clearly not working. sure we have gotten some good players that way but not where we needed them. we had a good running back (r williams) and drafted another duece while ignoring need. and what has that gotten us? we drafted another reggie bush because he was the bpa. look at some point we gotta adress the other areas of this team via draft.(1st pick) twice in the past 5 years we drafted DE's when we already had 2 good starters joe johnson/darren howard= charles grant darren howard/charles grant= will smith looks like we only draft running backs and de's. how many times have we been so close to having a good team but blow it? in the 90's it was all D and no O and now its all O and no D. all im tring to say we tried the bpa ad we been going in circles, its time to stop the cycle. i was once give some advice by a wise old man, he told me "if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got" i just think its time we think outside of the box a little, i sure am gettin tired of sayin maybe next year:covri:

I doubt we'll take Jackson at #10... but fellas... there are a couple thing you have to think about in regards to our WR situation...

1) We only have a couple guys under contract... Colston, Meach, and maybe Lance Moore are the only guys we have... and I'd love to get a stable of young homegrown horses at WR ala GB.

2) We led the league in drops... sure we passed the ball so much that that stat may be deceiving... but the fact is... we dropped ALOT of passes, so we need to get better there also.

If we were to take a WR or 2 either at #10 or later in the draft then I would not be upset at all.

We have free agency... 7 picks in the draft... undrafted free agency... then June 1st cuts to rebuild this team... I hope our FO make some good moves... and whoever we take at #10 I hope its somebody that can make an impact NOW rather than another red shirt season as was the case with our entire 2007 draft class.

Good player. Not for the Saints.

Drafting a WR in the first round hasn't gone well for the Saints. We've only hit with 2 (although Chandler had a much better career than Stallworth is likely to have) but both were traded away before their fifth season.

2007 27 27 Robert Meachem (?)
2002 13 13 Donte Stallworth (traded after 4th season)
1982 13 13 Lindsay Scott (dud)
1978 3 3 Wes Chandler (stud - traded to Chargers in 4th season)
1975 7 7 Larry Burton (dud)
1970 10 10 Ken Burrough (dud)

By contrast look at the first round WR picks by the Colts:

2007 32 32 Anthony Gonzalez WR Ohio State (played well as Rookie)
2001 30 30 Reggie Wayne WR Miami (FL)
1996 19 19 Marvin Harrison WR Syracuse
1993 16 16 Sean Dawkins WR California (only journeyman in the bunch)
1989 22 22 Andre Rison WR Michigan State

I would absolutely love this pick as long as we took care of our needs on defense in free agency and on the trade market before hand. This staff has shown in recent years that they like to fill all holes before the draft so that they can take the BPA. It wouldnt upset me one bit if they took another WR. Aside from Colston, our WR core is over-rated.

it all looks really good on paper but look at the playoff teams and the non playoff teams and tell me what you see. teams like jax, ne, sd, ind, gb and even ny all have a balance of talent on both sides of the ball. we dont have that balance our offence is loaded with YOUNG talent, guys like meach, bush, colsten, brees, are all in their 20's. the defense is full of older guys that would be second or third stringers on most GOOD teams. i think it would be foolish to not go into this draft thinking defensive. sometimes you just gotta try to fix whats broken, and hope it works.

Outstanding post Brian! I agree 110%:9:

The official DeSean Jackson bandwagon:

Bandwagon%20Final.jpg

I doubt we'll take Jackson at #10... but fellas... there are a couple thing you have to think about in regards to our WR situation...

1) We only have a couple guys under contract... Colston, Meach, and maybe Lance Moore are the only guys we have... and I'd love to get a stable of young homegrown horses at WR ala GB.

2) We led the league in drops... sure we passed the ball so much that that stat may be deceiving... but the fact is... we dropped ALOT of passes, so we need to get better there also.

If we were to take a WR or 2 either at #10 or later in the draft then I would not be upset at all.

We have free agency... 7 picks in the draft... undrafted free agency... then June 1st cuts to rebuild this team... I hope our FO make some good moves... and whoever we take at #10 I hope its somebody that can make an impact NOW rather than another red shirt season as was the case with our entire 2007 draft class.

But look at the GB receiving corps:

Greg Jennings - 2nd Round (52 overall)
James Jones - 3rd Round (78 overall)
Donald Driver - 7th Round (213 overall)

We can do that in the later rounds without wasting the #10 overall pick on a WR.

meachem + colston + desean jackson.. good wr corp there.. now if only drew had a wee bit stronger arm :p

TED GINN JR WENT #9 TO A TEAM THAT FINISHED 1-15 LAST SEASON<br>

Just say no

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom