The Official DeSean Jackson bandwagon thread (1 Viewer)

this offense can and needs to be much better but jackson isnt the answer. he doesnt block too well and isnt worthy of the tenth pick. i do think we need another wr or 2 or 3 but no way do i want to spend top ten money on a WR.

Jackson is MUCH better than Ginn. As both a WR and PR.

A Wide reciever core just like Roy Williams, Mike Williams, and Charles Rogers....I cant even imagine.

LOL, Good one! I don't anyone else got it though. All I am gonna add here is if we stay at #10 DeSean Jackson will not be BPA.

Say we draft this guy...when do we actually start picking up young talent on D? We have not spent a 1st round pick on a CB or LB in a LONG time and it shows. And don't say, "well we can do just that in the 2nd round" because it's not the same. In my opinion, we need to do our homework and make sure we come out of the 1st round with an impact player on D, even if we have to trade up to do it. Our D is STARVED for young talent and in order to keep from having to address it through FA every year, we are gonna have to start drafting players to fix it.

I agree. But bottom line I think it will, and should come to BPA.

If he is the top player on our board then by all means draft him. If Ted Ginn Jr. went # 9 Jackson is definitly worth the #10 pick. He is a sure effect on the return game, and with Devery Henderson probably gone he adds the big play threat this team really needs.

I know we need youth and talent on D. However, I would rather they didn't reach to fill a need. Thats what happened with Sullivan. Its not because they traded up, its because they panic'd after Robertson was gone. They went in wanting a DT at all cost, they got what they wanted. And three years later he isn't even in football. They reached because they felt they were weak. I don't want that to happen again. Take the player you think most deserves to be picked higher (regardless of need).

Last edited:
Well-put rlemieux. On a bigger note, it's almost like I don't care who or what position we take at #10 as long as he is a stud/big contributor. Which I think is definitely what most people want even though it may be unpopular at the time. Think about how many hated the Deuce pick, or hated the Will Smith pick when it happened. In hindsight it was great.

you still win the battles in the trenches .... and we havent the blocking to go out with 3-4 receivers in every down.

when offense , than : OL please.
When you have a Wes Welker kind of guy you can throw the screens and slants and get 6-7 yards a pop.

Jonathan Sullivan was graded a first round talent too.:covri:

I think it would be foolish for the team to handcuff itself to the idea of drafting defense, without regard to who's available. That's how you end up reaching for players that shouldn't be drafted as high as they are. It seems like when we draft the best player available, we end up doing much better in the draft(Deuce, Reggie, Will Smith, Jammal Brown) Jury's still out on Meach. If the BPA is a defensive player, then I'm all for it.

The reason that free agency hasn't worked is that the front office would rather try to get guys like Brian Simmons instead of Adalius Thomas. It's that simple. The front office needs to go after top talent with the same zeal that they went after Drew Brees.

And ask Chicago how many wins a good special teams returner is worth. Without Hester they win 3 games this year. There's no way to expect those kind of results from anyone else, but if we had at least 2 special teams touchdowns this year, who knows how that might have affected games. Besides that, Jackson is a very good receiver as well.

We traded up for Jammal Brown

I do think the OL could be better. But Rich Jr. brings up a thought. We're not giving up any sacks. I heartily want the run blocking to be better though. But...we all saw how great we were as the #1 offense in the league two years ago and I think another playmaker could help. Lord I know Payton is just drooling. We have to get defense. But we have soooooo much $$$$$$$$. Spend it. Get that CB, LB and whatever else. But if, and IF Jackson is our guy, you take him and are more than happy to have him.

If you look at all the teams that are still in the playoffs, they all have good defenses. They have good defenses largely in part due to the fact that they DRAFT DEFENSE EARLY. IMO, if you have a team that has a great defense, you will always be in a game. Our offense needs maybe a little tweaking here and there, but as a unit, they are fine as is. Our defense is not. I bet Sean Payton is licking his chops at the thought of drafting a wide out of DeSean Jackson's caliber. I don't care if we trade back later in the first or whatever, we still need to draft some good defenders early.

Okay, read my lips:

DEFENSE!

Even if we allegedly address defensive needs in Free Agency, we need to build for the future through the draft. You need to have a balance of both. You cannot rely on one or the other entirely. You have to be successful in both just incase you have a bust ie: Jason David. Don't put all of your eggs in one basket.

This is why the Patriots are so successful.

We sort of did well in the '06 offseason, but we shouldn't have stopped there, obviously. Alot of that was luck too.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom