The Official "Give it a Rest" Thread (1 Viewer)

Incase anyone hadn't noticed, the NFC South as a whole is pretty inactive (Apart from Faine becoming the highest paid center :smilielol::smilielol:) So we're not falling behind in that respect, especially as some have lost more than we have, and were worse to begin with.

Free agency is far from over.

Who cares what the rest of the NFC South is doing....I don't know about you but I think this team's goal is to win a Super Bowl.

The AFC East didn't do anything to improve themselves last year but that didn't stop the Patriots from going out and trading for Moss, signing Welker, signed Adalius Thomas, etc.

I disagree. It's what makes this time of the year fun.

How much fun would it be if we all sat neatly in our chairs and waited for the deals to come with no rumors or speculation?

I can handle rumors or speculations, but does EVERYONE need to create their own "the sky is falling" thread? Merge them into one so it'll be easier for me to ignore all of them.

Thank you. We got the best young linebacker in FA IMO. We resigned some of our players. Be happy. The draft isn't here yet, and more deals or trades could be in the works.

No we didn't get the best young LB in free agency. We traded for a guy on a one year contract. We haven't shelled out money other than re-signing a few guys that either were weak-links and an average starter or two.

Maybe they tried, but it didn't work out.

In the words of Jim Mora. "You think you know, but you don't, And probably never will"
"You", meaning us the fans, not you specifically Saintaholic

That is definitely true and a great point. We don't know everything that is going on and the process...but we do know the product of it all has yielded next to zilch THUS FAR.

No we didn't get the best young LB in free agency. We traded for a guy on a one year contract. We haven't shelled out money other than re-signing a few guys that either were weak-links and an average starter or two.

Lance Briggs should give at least 10% of each of his game checks to Brian Urlacher. He has earned at least that much for him. I could be a serviceable OLB if I had him in the middle.

I have no problem with those who express disappointment with the front office's performance so far as long as they add substance to an intelligent conversation. In fact, I want to read those kind of posts. Saintaholic's posts are an example of this.

What's annoying is the cliff jumping histrionic types who clutter up the board starting their own vent threads because they lack the patience or maturity to deal with it like adults. People aren't impressed by extreme reactions; it usually causes those who do it to be ignored and not taken seriously anymore.

AFIAK the mindless rants aren't necessarily against TOS but reining them in it's just courteous to others who come here for news and thoughtful conversation and end up starting their own redundant threads because those types of threads quickly get lost in the shuffle.

We're all rabid Saints fans here. No need to prove it by getting all shrill at the news of any free agent of any quality signing with some other team. As the OP suggested, go take a shot of tequila, instead :9:

Payton said early in the off-season that we were going to add playmakers to the defense...

And we all felt for the "banana in the tailpipe"... that's probably why we see all the threads.

Sorry if I'm not one of those "buck up little soldier" guys right now... I'm trying to come to grips with the fact that our defense may get torched all season again... I just hope the rest of this offseason will go better for us than these first couple days.

We know the sky is falling. We know you're disappointed that we didn't sign Player X and Player Y.

We know.

We get it.

We don't need 23 threads cluttering the main boards about it. If you have something of actual substance to contribute to the main boards, please do so.

This is not an "Anti-Pessimism" thread. I'm all for cynicism or pessimism. I'm a Saints fan after all.

But if you don't have an intelligent angle that hasn't been brought up before, what is the point of posting?

To get your frustrations out? Ok, go take a shot of tequila. Punch a wall. But quit it with the "I'm going to eat a bullet if the Saintz don't sign SOmezONez NOW OMGZ LOLZ."

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

THANK YOU!!! My sentiments exactly!!

Yeah, I'm almost relieved that both Briggs, Samuel and Moss are not available anymore. Now we can drop all the hype and rumours and move on. Geez, enough already.

Last edited:
We know the sky is falling. We know you're disappointed that we didn't sign Player X and Player Y.

We know.

We get it.

We don't need 23 threads cluttering the main boards about it. If you have something of actual substance to contribute to the main boards, please do so.

This is not an "Anti-Pessimism" thread. I'm all for cynicism or pessimism. I'm a Saints fan after all.

But if you don't have an intelligent angle that hasn't been brought up before, what is the point of posting?

To get your frustrations out? Ok, go take a shot of tequila. Punch a wall. But quit it with the "I'm going to eat a bullet if the Saintz don't sign SOmezONez NOW OMGZ LOLZ."

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

On the other hand we dont need 23 threads cluttering the main boards telling people to get over it. We have a right to be mad just like you have a right to stick up for the FO. Every year its the same thing. We have the money, we all get our hopes up for this player or that one, we get none of those players and everyone gets mad, and then we sign a bunch of mid to low tier FAs that people on this site fall in love with because they are just happy we got somebody. As if these guys are the answer our team has been looking for that will put us over the top. Look, I love the Vilma deal but beyond that we have signed a nickel corner and a situational DE. If this is what you can honestly say you wanted out of this FA period and you want to give the FO a pass then thats fine, but I myself am tired of seeing us do the same thing every year and I expect more from my Saints. Get some play makers on D this year PLEASE!!! We are a solid D away from being a SB contender IMO and we settle for mediocre. Maybe the draft will be better, Im not giving up hope. Just dont get on your high horse and preach to me that I should be happy with what we've done so far when its more of the same that we have been doing unsuccessfully for years. I have just as much a right to vent as you have to over hype our mediocre FA signings.

Last edited:
And we all felt for the "banana in the tailpipe"... that's probably why we see all the threads.

Sorry if I'm not one of those "buck up little soldier" guys right now... I'm trying to come to grips with the fact that our defense may get torched all season again... I just hope the rest of this offseason will go better for us than these first couple days.
'

peyton said he wanted to get younger on that side of the ball so i was expecting those moves to take place in late april(draft). last year this team had no pass rush because our main pass rushers were hurt. bryan young and charles grant were hampered all year with injurys. this year we will have both back and more depth with mccray. i look at every year as a chance to improve but i guess thats just me.

is this the official official one? cause ive seen a few official ones and im so confused.

I can handle rumors or speculations, but does EVERYONE need to create their own "the sky is falling" thread? Merge them into one so it'll be easier for me to ignore all of them.

But then what would you have to complain about? Blog Bullies just like to complain.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom