The Official "Give it a Rest" Thread (1 Viewer)

Fun Bunch

All-Pro
Reaction score
We know the sky is falling. We know you're disappointed that we didn't sign Player X and Player Y.

We know.

We get it.

We don't need 23 threads cluttering the main boards about it. If you have something of actual substance to contribute to the main boards, please do so.

This is not an "Anti-Pessimism" thread. I'm all for cynicism or pessimism. I'm a Saints fan after all.

But if you don't have an intelligent angle that hasn't been brought up before, what is the point of posting?

To get your frustrations out? Ok, go take a shot of tequila. Punch a wall. But quit it with the "I'm going to eat a bullet if the Saintz don't sign SOmezONez NOW OMGZ LOLZ."

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

For Christ's sake people, Briggs IS NOT the second coming of Ricky Jackson. Is he an upgrade over Shanle? Probably.

I guess the rest of the NFL is just as "stupid" as the Saints since NO OTHER TEAM was interested in Briggs.

I mean with all the hype about Briggs aren't you just a bit curious as to why others didn't want him?

Now hear me out....maybe, just maybe the scouting departments, and GM's around the league know a bit more about NFL talent than we do?

Last edited:
We know the sky is falling. We know you're disappointed that we didn't sign Player X and Player Y.

We know.

We get it.

We don't need 23 threads cluttering the main boards about it. If you have something of actual substance to contribute to the main boards, please do so.

This is not an "Anti-Pessimism" thread. I'm all for cynicism or pessimism. I'm a Saints fan after all.

But if you don't have an intelligent angle that hasn't been brought up before, what is the point of posting?

To get your frustrations out? Ok, go take a shot of tequila. Punch a wall. But quit it with the "I'm going to eat a bullet if the Saintz don't sign SOmezONez NOW OMGZ LOLZ."

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Amen!

I never wanted to be one of "those guys" with the "why havent we signed anyone" posts but for a team that did not make the playoffs and has the amount of cap room we have I find it pretty frustrating that we have not signed a single player yet.

I do expect signings but you would have expected this team to have a clear cut plan going into Friday with at least one specific target signed sealed and delivered by now...at LEAST one.

Payton said early in the off-season that we were going to add playmakers to the defense...Trading for an injured MLB that wasn't available until recent days in a trade is just not gettin' it done.

Incase anyone hadn't noticed, the NFC South as a whole is pretty inactive (Apart from Faine becoming the highest paid center :smilielol::smilielol:) So we're not falling behind in that respect, especially as some have lost more than we have, and were worse to begin with.

Free agency is far from over.

I think the best way to limit new threads is by creating a new thread.

Maybe they tried, but it didn't work out.

In the words of Jim Mora. "You think you know, but you don't, And probably never will"
"You", meaning us the fans, not you specifically Saintaholic

I never wanted to be one of "those guys" with the "why havent we signed anyone" posts but for a team that did not make the playoffs and has the amount of cap room we have I find it pretty frustrating that we have not signed a single player yet.

I do expect signings but you would have expected this team to have a clear cut plan going into Friday with at least one specific target signed sealed and delivered by now...at LEAST one.

Payton said early in the off-season that we were going to add playmakers to the defense...Trading for an injured MLB that wasn't available until recent days in a trade is just not gettin' it done.

Technically, we've signed our own guys, but I see what you're saying. However, we aren't even three days into free agency yet, not even half a week has passed and the sky is falling!

Payton did say that he wanted to add playmakers to the defense, but this was a more telling quote, at least IMO.

“No one is washing their hands of the losses that we’ve had. We’ll evaluate our personnel very thoroughly, we’ll evaluate our scheme very thoroughly, and the key is making the right decisions and not making the rush to judgment decisions. The key is being patient enough to look at what we’re doing and look at who we’re doing it with and try to, in the proper frame of mind, make sound decisions that are in the best interest of the Saints for future years so that we’re not sitting here at this time next year at 7-9."

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Articles/2008/1/Head Coach Sean Payton Season Ending Presser.aspx

Technically, we've signed our own guys, but I see what you're saying. However, we aren't even three days into free agency yet, not even half a week has passed and the sky is falling!

Payton did say that he wanted to add playmakers to the defense, but this was a more telling quote, at least IMO.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Articles/2008/1/Head Coach Sean Payton Season Ending Presser.aspx

We did indeed sign guys back but you could argue that the guys we are signing back are the guys that were the team's weakest links.

I just don't see this team having any sort of "plan." What have we done other than entertain an old aging cornerback, a 3rd down pass rusher, and a nickle back?

Last edited:
Stecker is a leader on the team and you can have him run special teams... The backfield needs to be Mcallister, Pierre and Reggie

Not sure about resigning Mark and Devery.... I'm happy with Goodwin

But I just don't wanna see a repeat of last year where we did nothing in free agency ... And lord knows what we will do in the draft....

Is DT so important? Our run d was good last year, but no qb pressure... I think you just need better lb 's and a couple of db's you can count on

Few are left.... You need to be FAST out of the gates

seems this forum wants us to be the washington redskins, cap death and still not a very good team, lets get a bunch of young players in this draft and develop a good young team that can compete for years, in stead of one year and then dismantle.

Thank you. We got the best young linebacker in FA IMO. We resigned some of our players. Be happy. The draft isn't here yet, and more deals or trades could be in the works.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom