The official "I'm terrified of Jimmy Graham" thread (1 Viewer)

It'll be interesting to see what they do. You have to think the obvious match-up is to have Vaccaro, our bruising de facto nickelback who knows Graham's game well, shadow him, play aggressive press coverage, and try to have safety help over top.

My one hope is that this is one player who Sean Payton clearly understands at a molecular level, including the weaknesses that made him expendable and neutralized in many big games here. There's a hope Payton can help DA gameplan this one into a manageable situation, though we have been getting torched by TEs in big games for a decade now it seems.

Jimmy is gonna get cracked at the LOS every down he's in. He'll get his, but he's not going crazy on us. Even with us scraping the bottom of our secondary again this week, I just don't see it.

Graham has been mediocre since leaving. I don't expect it to change. I'm sure he'll be targeted and he'll get catches, but I don't expect him to have a career game.

Oh, so THAT'S why he posts multiple 1000 yard / double digit TD seasons. Because nobody knows that you have to hit him.

He was shut out by a few stellar defenses and people like you created this false rhetoric.

not every team has a db that can push him around. when he comes up against a team with one he disappears. that is a fact.

I have no doubt Jimmy has a Drew Brees Era-Esque performance. Vaccaro is going to take some shots at him, guaranteed. I look forward to seeing Jimmy even if he burns us. He's more motivated than any other Seahawk, I promise you!

TEs destroy us.

So I'm not gonna pretend like there's any real chance we stop Graham. But we can still outscore them.

Tamme: 3 rec, 28 yds, 0 TD
Olsen: 6 rec, 94 yds, 0 TD
Kelce: 2 rec, 24 yds, 0 TD

That's two of the best TE's in the league and the TE from the current #1 offense in the league and we held them to a combined 0 TD's.

The only TE we gave up points to was Hunter Henry and even then his stat line was meager for the game (4 rec, 61 yds, 1 TD) because at the time he was just filling in for Gates. No one knew who he was or even expected him to do anything.

Other TE's we played this year: Donnell (4 rec, 24 yds), Tye (2 rec, 10 yds) and Walford (3 rec, 24 yds)

So through 6 games thus far, we've given up 24 receptions, 265 yards and 1 TD to opposing TE's.

For comparison, this year Fleener has put up 21 receptions for 281 yards and 2 TD's and a majority of fans are having buyer's remorse.

Sure, Graham can be a beast and will be motivated to do as much, but the question is will Seattle's offensive line keep Wilson off his back long enough for Graham to get to the top of his route and get him the ball?

Ok, then how about Vaccaro or someone laying him out if he dunks. Should be offsetting penalties lol

Yeah, but Vaccaro would likely be ejected. :hihi:

Gotta admit, a dunk would be epic. I don't think he'll do it. He'll tease it. But yea he's gonna score.

I'm more terrified of Ed Hochuli. Dude has always saved his best screw jobs for the dome.

Ugh, didn't even think to check the referee assignments this week. That is ****** news. He ref'ed our regular season game against the Seahawks in 2013 and their secondary practically got away with murder.

richard-sherman-cheap-shot-against-saints.gif

Ugh, didn't even think to check the referee assignments this week. That is ****** news. He ref'ed our regular season game against the Seahawks in 2013 and their secondary practically got away with murder.

richard-sherman-cheap-shot-against-saints.gif

So, they held Jimmy and knocked Stills on his butt 5 feet apart and nothing got called. Sounds about right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom