The Official Pierre Thomas Debate (1 Viewer)

Someone made a good point on Path to the Draft today. USC produces a lot of good athletes on offense, but sometimes they don't come our prepared for the NFL schemes because the team is so full of pure athletes, they can just look for the mismatch as most teams have at least one weaker player on defense than USC has on offense.

This makes a lot of sense about Reggie. He just used his athleticism to do well in college. No one ever taught him how to hit the hole, or read the defense. Now he can't just rely on his athleticism. If Reggie can be taught how to read defenses and find the hole and hit it, he will be as good as Faulk or Westbrook. But that's an IF. I think he can do it and hope he does it this year.

PT came into the NFL needing to know how to do that because he didn't have the athletes around him that Reggie did or the pure speed that Reggie does. PT didn't need as much learning curve as Reggie does. We are seeing evidence of that.

i wish people would stop with the preseason example, our first team offense was unstoppable and look how it performed during the season. preseason means nothing

I agree, except... the Saints really need to keep Duece for another year or 2. I think he and the organisation will be reasonable and accomodating to renegotiating his salary.

i wish people would stop with the preseason example, our first team offense was unstoppable and look how it performed during the season. preseason means nothing

Dragging 2 or 3 big men down the field shows power and balance, and it doesn't matter whether it's pre-season or the SB.

Man oh man, we have alot of scout experts here if they can truly say they know what kind of player Thomas is after appearing in what, maybe 6 regular season games?

I especially like the guys who say he is a bruising back even though he is maybe 210 pounds at best.

Dragging 2 or 3 big men down the field shows power and balance, and it doesn't matter whether it's pre-season or the SB.

It certainly does matter because in the regular season and especially the post season you are playing the best competition.You know, the guys who know how to tackle best.

In preseason, coaches don't prepare for opponents like they do in the regular season. There is a huge difference. Thomas showed that he can play in the preseason, but there is no way he can show that he can perform against the best of the best unless he's doing it in the regular season.

To his credit he had a stellar game against the Bears.

I like how all on here will say preseason means nothing....unless it helps them prove a point then preseason can be compared to playoff football. I don't understand some of you, no one is saying PT is a bad back, you just can't judge anything based on preseason. Yes he had a good game against Chicago, but that game meant nothing to either team. I'll be convinced when he performs during a game that actually means something to both teams.

Who Lead All NFL Running Backs in the 2007 regular season in fumbles?

A lot of you are saying you can’t a judge a player by preseason results, or on just one record breaking game.......

Well your all right, but you can judge a player by his regular season performance...

Question: Who Lead All NFL Running Backs in the 2007 regular season in fumbles

Answer: Reggie Bush Lead All NFL Running Backs in fumbles with 7

Bush Finished the season with 8 total fumbles 7 rushing, 0 Receiving, 1 Punt. Bush Finished first and only had 157 Carries that’s a fumble every 22-23 carries. Clinton Portis Finished Second in Fumbles Among RB’s with 6 on 325 Carries, Big Difference. Bush Had 3 Games with Muiltable
Fumble, 2@TB, 2@HOU, And 2 More Vs TB. 6 of his 8 fumbles came from only 3 games. luckily only 3 out of the 8 Fumbles were actually lost fumbles, regardless thats still unacceptable. The Good news it’s correctable, Just Ask Tiki.

Just Food For Thought.........

Last edited:
What you could tell in pre-season was that PT gave everything every down. What you could tell last season was that he is a determined fighter who won't ever take play offs and gives 100 per cent.

That shows he is worth his chance

I like how all on here will say preseason means nothing....unless it helps them prove a point then preseason can be compared to playoff football. I don't understand some of you, no one is saying PT is a bad back, you just can't judge anything based on preseason. Yes he had a good game against Chicago, but that game meant nothing to either team. I'll be convinced when he performs during a game that actually means something to both teams.

Do you think he's proven enough to be given that chance, or are you content to sit him because he's "never done anything" on the field?

Edit: Oh, and at the time, the Saints still had the slightest chance to make the playoffs given a win. .'. the Saints had something to play for. Given that fact, the Bears had something to play for too; pride and to be a spoiler.

Man oh man, we have alot of scout experts here if they can truly say they know what kind of player Thomas is after appearing in what, maybe 6 regular season games?

I especially like the guys who say he is a bruising back even though he is maybe 210 pounds at best.

We're all just stating our opinion, not trying to be NFL scouts. But did you watch the preseason games? Players are trying to get roster spots, nobody is laying down for anyone, and his running got Pittman released.

Did you see PT's 26 Yard TD against Atlanta in Late October, where he almost walked in the endzone? Reggie is still waiting to break one that long. I think the Bears game was the nail in the coffin. His weight has nothing to do with how hard he runs, I wish Reggie would take after him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom