The official Progressive Rock thread (1 Viewer)

ArmoredNOSaint nailed a few of my favorite Prog Metal bands. Specifically Symphony X. Romeo is a mean shredder. I also dig on Spock's Beard, have a couple of their cd's as well as Savatage.

A few others are Evergrey (saw them at HOB last year), Fates Warning (as mentioned above), LTE, and I'd like to throw in Control Denied, Chuck Schuldiner's project after Death. They seemed to want to go in a prog direction before his untimely demise.

I saw Dream Theater, Queensryche, and Fate's Warning in Houston a couple years ago. That was a great show.

I saw Dream Theater, Queensryche, and Fate's Warning in Houston a couple years ago. That was a great show.

Lucky Dog!!!!! I would have given my right,...uh... turn signal to go to that. Must have been unbelievable. I would love for Symphony X to come any where near here. Closest I've heard was Atl a couple years back at some Prog fest.

Rush recording new album set for Spring 2007 release......

Link

Future plans

During promotional interviews for the R30 Live In Frankfurt DVD, the band revealed their intention to return to the studio in early 2006. However, in January Peart confirmed that they expected writing and recording to take up most of the year and that the album would be released sometime in early 2007. In September, it was announced that the band had secured producer Nick Raskulinecz and engineer Rick Chycki for a new studio album. Chycki has worked previously with Rush on the R30 DVD, while Lifeson later revealed that the band would be co-producing and there would be eleven songs on the album. Preproduction would be completed by the end of October and recording should have commenced by November. Peart has stated the theme of the album will be based on his personal reflections on faith. In December 2006, Atlantic Records announced that the new album was slated for an April 2007 release.

The Fall of Troy is the most impressive 3 piece band I have ever heard as far as the complexity of their music.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom