the official season 7 American Idol thread!! (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

David A sang the same song 3 times with different words. Talk about safe, singing a song he's already sang this season?

At least Cook takes chances and usually sounds good when singing out of his element. I mean, did you see David A's rendition of "With you" last week. :covri:

So far dialidol predictions have Cook as the winner. Polls are still open, however, and I believe the west coast/Hawaii/Alaska viewing time was later so their polls will be open even longer.

Cook by a landslide according to DialIdol. What will the judges say if their golden boy loses?

It was definetly clear who the judges want to win. I don't understand why the judges do not like upbeat songs. Every year that I have watched if someone sings something upbeat they get slammed. I think Cook did really good last night. I just don't like the sound of David A's voice. I think he will end up being like Taylor Hicks or Ruben Studderd. Just flame out after the show is over.

David Cook -- the new American Idol

I agreed with Simon; I would have been happy with either one. That being said, the right choice was made...Cook should have a nice career; the stage presence he has is amazing, and he is very likeable. Congratulations to David Cook -- my 7 year old son is happy; that's who he was pulling for! :)

It's been another fun year on the official AI thread...we'll do it again in January! But what can we talk about until then? "So You Think You Can Dance" just doesn't hold any interest for me...

Interesting to go back and read through this thread. Not many people had David Cook advancing very far. Funny to read so many people liked Hernandez.

Well, I'm surprised. I wonder if we have been sucker-punched.

David A. has been paraded out as the 1st person declared safe, week after week. It certainly gave the impression he was getting the most votes. Then, all 3 judges declare him the winner, and we learn the vote isn't close. Throw in the possibility the average 10 year-old, voting over and over on speed dial, might be driving the vote up, and I thought Cook had no chance to win.

So, either David C. has been winning all along, and the judges were trying to make it close, or there was backlash against the judges, with Cook's supporters voting more heavily because they thought he was going to lose.

Odd.

Amanda Obermeyer (sp?) was so awful it was hilarious.

I mean - how'd she make it to the Top 12? She couldn't move to simple choreography and she looked ****** off that she had to be there in the first place - the looks/expression on her face were priceless.

And the voice - I don't remember her sounding THAT bad. I know she has a rough, gritty sound but last night it was just grating.

My wife said perhaps it's because she didn't make the Top 10 and isn't going on tour and resented the fact she had to be there last night. I don't remember if she was in the Top 10 or not, but if not I suppose that's plausible.

As for David C. winning - gratz to him. I wouldn't have had a problem with either.

Amanda Obermeyer (sp?) was so awful it was hilarious.

My wife said perhaps it's because she didn't make the Top 10 and isn't going on tour and resented the fact she had to be there last night. I don't remember if she was in the Top 10 or not, but if not I suppose that's plausible.

As for David C. winning - gratz to him. I wouldn't have had a problem with either.

That's exactly what it looked like. My wife and I said the same thing, that she looked like she did not want to be there and just going through the motions.

Well, I'm surprised. I wonder if we have been sucker-punched.

David A. has been paraded out as the 1st person declared safe, week after week. It certainly gave the impression he was getting the most votes. Then, all 3 judges declare him the winner, and we learn the vote isn't close. Throw in the possibility the average 10 year-old, voting over and over on speed dial, might be driving the vote up, and I thought Cook had no chance to win.

So, either David C. has been winning all along, and the judges were trying to make it close, or there was backlash against the judges, with Cook's supporters voting more heavily because they thought he was going to lose.

Odd.

According to Dialidol, Cook has been the leading vote getter 5 out of the last 6 wks. Now, they are not always correct but neither are the judges. No doubt David A. was getting a ton of votes all season, but there are more non-teeny boppers watching AI than everyone thinks.

TV Ratings -- People age 35-49 watched American Idol Season 7 the most, making up almost 29% of the total audience. The most watched episode this season was the premiere episode on Tuesday, 1/15/08 averaging 33 million viewers.

http://www.nielsenmedia.com/nc/port...toid=b02f28c2c19e9110VgnVCM100000ac0a260aRCRD

Can't believe you guys are discussing American Idol on a Football Forum, even on the Everything Else Board!!! :smilielol:

Last edited:
Can't believe you guys are discussing American Idol on a Football Forum, even on the Everything Else Board!!! :smilielol:

That's why it is called "everything else". I can't believe a Bears fan is perusing an AI thread on a SAINTS football forum and posting on it. To each his own, I guess.:idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom