the official season 7 American Idol thread!! (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

Looking so forward to another season. I love the auditions, always my favorite part of the whole show. With the writers strike it will be nice to have something good to watch on tv.

I'll give play by play until I pass out in my beer and tears. :)

Another season and armegeddon gets one year closer.

Largest auditioning audience (so far).

First contestant featured is a guy who lost a lot of weight (204 lbs).

Sings Maroon 5 "Sunday Morning". He passes the first round.

It's baaaaaaaaaacccckkkk

I was wondering where the AI thread was...

I love the auditions too....the good, the bad, and the truly ugly. :hihi:

Here we go with #2: a guy from Egypt. Has a Michael Strahan-styled gap between his two top teeth. Is a fan of the Bee Gees.

They're goofing on his fumbling English, and then he breaks into a two tequila shots version of some Bee Gees song. Oh! It was "How Deep Is Your Love."

I'll say he didn't make it. I don't have to wait for their vote.

#3 Melanie. Previous backup singer.

The good singers aren't as fun at this stage of the show. She gets in by way of RJ and PA. Simon was 'meh'.

#4 Some guy who is a tour guide in Philly (dressed up in Colonial styled garb). Dressed in a suit for his audition, singing "Go Down Moses".

OMG He's a disaster.

wait, did that guy say that he wanted to love a woman from her hair to her ni**les??? I walked right in on that one so I may have misheard him....

#4 will make the recap shows and ET/E! circle.

Typical local fare of Geno's and the Liberty Bell. Then a quick run of horrible singers that aren't featured. Simon stops one of them by saying "shut up!"

Beer #3. Contestant #5: A guy whose name I didn't catch singing "The Blues" by Elton John.

And this dude could blow! He had a great voice for that song. He's in!

PS: Yes, he said that. You heard correctly.

#6 featured singer named Temptress. Says she plays linebacker (and looks like a tackle). Could be related to Sullivan. Oh my stars, I can't describe what I just saw.

Here comes her singing (she's sixteen).

Unfortunately she can not sing. This looks to be the show's emotional hook about 1/2 way through. Yeah, she's not getting any further. Here comes the tears. Ohh, group hug.

Beer #4. Now even the commercials are interesting. My 365 Bottles of Beer For The Year Calendar has tomorrow's beer listed as "Hair Of The Dog Doggie Claws" brewed out in Portland, OR. It's a barley wine (10.5%/vol.) that finishes with a pungent citrus note.

#7 Mark Hayes singing "White Christmas." Doesn't have the same stylized talent of that other guy I forgot about from last year or the year before that. He's done for.

#8 Udi? Ugi? Whatever, he can't dance. Gonna sing Sinatra's "My Way".

This must be the part of the show where they make me want to use the bottle opener to carve my ears off my head.

Simon tells him he's nuts and describes the tuneless fashion that he sang the song.

LOL Udi said "Okay I can accept constructive criticism."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom