The Official "We're On To The Broncos Thread" (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Well Who Dats...We're at the half way point and If anyone told me the Saints would be 4-4 after 8 games knowing all the injuries on defense suffered and starting 1-3, I suppose I would take it especially when the truth is this is relatively a young team that is seemingly starting to trend upwards.

Fact is the Saints have followed a familiar pattern the last 2 seasons. The team after an 0-3 start in 2014 fought to getting back to .500 after a huge division win against the Panthers on a Thursday night. It was actually the last time the Saints were in first place in the NFC South. What happened next was mind blogging....3 straight home losses to the 49ers, Bengals and Ravens which derailed all momentum and also seemed to end the Saints dominance in the Dome....A 7-9 record would be the team's finish.

2015 would be no different. Again the season started with 3 straight losses and the team fought valiantly to reach 4-4 after a shootout with the Giants. Beating the Titans at home with a rookie QB was almost a formality but the defense gave up one fluky play after another, the offense sputtered and the first of 4 straight losses ensued. 7-9 would also be the team's finish.

Now here we are in 2016 and after another rough start the Saints now sit at 4-4. This is where the turning point of the season will occur and every Saints fan's hope is that the script of the last 2 seasons is not followed and the Saints keep moving in a positive direction. For that to happen the Saints need to play lights out and may need a little luck from the Injury Gods where the Broncos are concerned, especially on their defense. The possibility of Talib being out is huge along with other players dealing with nagging injuries......Hey as stacked as our injury report has been all season I don't feel sorry for anyone. I hope Sean Payton again plans a heavy dose of Ingram and Hightower. I also hope he benches Cadet and plays TommyLee Lewis more. I still say that guy can make a huge impact especially in a big game like this where hidden yardage in great Special Teams play could make the difference. I expect Drew to be safe with the ball and if the running game is clicking then take some big shots downfield off playaction. That element of the Saints game has been the only thing missing in my opinion. Dennis Allen needs to motivate his front 4 to generate pressure on Simien because if he gets comfortable he can certainly have success...I'm so looking forward to this game and here's to the 2nd half of 2016 being different from the last 2 years...WHO DAT!!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom