The Official "What Should Jonesy77 Get" Pole (1 Viewer)

What will Jonesy buy on May 1?

• Total voters

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have completely stalemated in my mind as to what system to get. Therefore, I will completely make it democratic, and I WILL GET whichever the majority tells me as of the end of this month

Playstation 3 - pro is blu-ray, wireless out of the box, will run all games I have an interest in

Xbox360 - pro is my single friends all have this. I wouldn't play online with random 13 y.o. d-bags

Wii - More social games with mixed company. Fun at parties.

New Electric Guitar - pro is I want to upgrade my Fender Mexi

None of the Above/Other - Stick with PC, save up for a new house, save up for a ring, etc...

You sound like you want the Playstation 3. Just get that and be happy.

You know my opinion -- 360 all the way. But I'm biased; I like to play online, and Halo.

Save yourself a bunch of nonsense from fanboys of both systems and buy yourself a new guitar. I love my 360 and I know others love their PS3's but music is my first love and I'd buy a guitar before any video game console every time I had the chance.

Guitars hold their value better.

This has the potential to be the fanboy fight to end them all, with Jonesy's dollars on the line. Pull my chain, I bark. Thanks a lot, Hat.

the public results of this pole should shock and awe all who read them :hihi:

Oh, and I just have 720p on my living room TV, no HDMI, if that changes anything

at first, i'd say save your money.. put back for house, as it's the only one of those options that will give you any kind of return on your money..
but then. havin the 360, and a couple games.. i have avoided spending money going to a club, just because of being bored.... note: to do this, you have to enjoy games with depth that take TIME. and are very replayable.

then again, you mention ring, so that totally blows all thoughts of being able to save in the future.
does the one you plannin the ring for even like to play console game? if not, you'll find it to be a dust collector, as she'll sooner or later make you feel guilty for spendin too much with with the games instead of her.

at first, i'd say save your money.. put back for house, as it's the only one of those options that will give you any kind of return on your money..
but then. havin the 360, and a couple games.. i have avoided spending money going to a club, just because of being bored.... note: to do this, you have to enjoy games with depth that take TIME. and are very replayable.

then again, you mention ring, so that totally blows all thoughts of being able to save in the future.
does the one you plannin the ring for even like to play console game? if not, you'll find it to be a dust collector, as she'll sooner or later make you feel guilty for spendin too much with with the games instead of her.

But wouldn't that be an argument for getting a console now while I have control over my finances?

1. Skip the ring-don't buy the cow
2. Home ownership-one of the greatest myths of the American middle class
3. If you're getting the system now, pick up the 360, especially if you are not a solo gamer. Your friends don't have one so online PS3 is likely with the aforementioned d-bags.
4. Get the PS3 if you want to watch Blu-Ray. Plus that gives you something to do with the free milk provider
5. Get the Wii (if you can find one) if you have mixed company over a lot. It is a great way to spend time with people while hanging out.

Trust me, I know from experience.

1. Skip the ring-don't buy the cow
2. Home ownership-one of the greatest myths of the American middle class
3. If you're getting the system now, pick up the 360, especially if you are not a solo gamer. Your friends don't have one so online PS3 is likely with the aforementioned d-bags.
4. Get the PS3 if you want to watch Blu-Ray. Plus that gives you something to do with the free milk provider
5. Get the Wii (if you can find one) if you have mixed company over a lot. It is a great way to spend time with people while hanging out.

Trust me, I know from experience.
i'd like for you to backup your #2.
mortgage interest allows me to get money back from taxes, rather than pay come april, as it drops my taxable income enough to lower my tax bracket.
the house, i bought for 129K in 1998, is now vallued at $205K(according to tax assessor , and that's always on the low side, 9.5 years later That's 74K in return.. 220K per online value sites. 91K in value.. so i'm thinking somewhere in between.
And it's a 5 br, 2.5 bath that costs about the same payment as a 3 br apartment i've seen 2br's costing more and that 2 br's master is the size of my 2nd and 3rd br, without the benefit of tax break and resale value.
where's the myth?

jonesy', what was saying is about the time... you buy it, and if she's like some , she'll get jealous over the thing.. some though actually have an appreciation and share time with it, and if she's one of these.. let her help choose it.. you won't believe how much that raises your value to her.... (temporarily)

Just do what I do, get the 360 to play the best next gen games. Get a PS3 to play some exclusives and watch Blu-Ray movies. And get the Wii for some fun party games.

PS3=Better all around entertainment system. Blu Ray etc. MGS along with some other exclusives make it a good buy.

360=Best gaming system period. Has good exclusives and while online play is "better" you still have to pay for it. All depends on what you want. Searching for other threads would save you time.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom