The Official word from NFL.com ... (1 Viewer)

Does our missing 4th rounder this year have anything to do with us havnig to beat the offer sheet from the Colts last year for Jason David???

No. That was last year.

Okay, its obvious noone here knows for sure. It does seem like a 4th this year, and conditional next year, but we just don't know.

Kids, it's simple.

The Saints traded their 4th to the Jets this year, plus a conditional 2nd or 3rd round pick depending on how Vilma performs and if they can lock him up long term.

The Saints have the Jets' 4th next year if they have to give up the conditional pick.

Therefore, they're giving up 1 pick for Vilma, which may be a 4th through 2nd. In any event, they do NOT have a 4th this year.

Does our missing 4th rounder this year have anything to do with us havnig to beat the offer sheet from the Colts last year for Jason David???

no David was just in the position that the Colts could match any offer made for his services (restricted free agent is the official name i believe)... which for obvious reasons the Colts didn't match

Peyton would know more than any of us and he said every round except 4th when he was talking about this years draft. Is that not enough?

NFL.com is not correct. It's a 4th rounder this year for sure. If Vilma walks after this year, that's the end of the deal.

But if Vilma stays and reaches certain incentives, the Jets get either a 2nd or third rounder NEXT year, but we get their FOURTH next year to recoup what we gave them THIS year.

Kids, it's simple.

The Saints traded their 4th to the Jets this year, plus a conditional 2nd or 3rd round pick depending on how Vilma performs and if they can lock him up long term.

The Saints have the Jets' 4th next year if they have to give up the conditional pick.

Therefore, they're giving up 1 pick for Vilma, which may be a 4th through 2nd. In any event, they do NOT have a 4th this year.

This is correct, as I understand it. That also puts into perspective that we cannot trade away next years 2nd or 3rd because they may be used in the Vilma deal. So, if we speculate using next years picks to get a veteran, we could only trade our 2009 1st or 4th-7th.

Sean P. even said yesterday that

"We don't have a 4th"

ok? can we end this now??

Shhh...maybe it's possible the NFL front office thinks we still own a fourth rounder. Let's keep this amongst ourselves and on the downlow.

How did we get that sweet deal? Football gods must be smiling at us.

man that is a good deal, I hope its right, cause that would be great..we get to keep this years 4th rounder...wonder why so many sources had it messed up?

... is that we traded a conditional 2009 pick for Vilma, not this year's pick

This is on NFL.com on the 'Transactions' page under New Orleans:

So there we have it. It was a 2009 pick, 4th round, conditional.

Hope this clears up the confusion

The Saints website says the same thing. Though I thought that I heard somewhere that its a 4th this year and a conditional pick next year. That's great news.

AHHH I'll JUST WAIT FOR THE DRAFT TO SEE IF WE HAVE A 4th THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!

:b_shake: :a_hit:

NEW YORK (AP)—The New York Jets traded linebacker Jonathan Vilma to the New Orleans Saints on Friday for a fourth-round draft pick in April.

If Vilma reaches certain playtime incentives and signs a contract extension with New Orleans, New York would instead receive a second- or third-round pick in 2009. The Jets would then give the Saints their fourth-round pick next year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-saints-jetstrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

For the 10,000th time... we currently do not have a 4th round pick this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom