The Oil Industry (1 Viewer)

I'm saying you can use animal impact as a reason to forgo jobs and indusrty in Louisiana if you so choose. Just don't try to make that decision for me and for Alaska.

The reason I am cavalier about the wildlife up here is because I can actually see first hand the benefits they recieve from oil development. I can't re-iterate this enough. This isn't second or third hand information you are getting here. I am actually here at the Arctic Ocean I can see it myself. I guess you could just disregard me or consider me a liar, but why would I do that? I live here and love this state as much as anyone. Why would I belong to an industry destroying my state?

I don't disregard you personally, nor do I think you're lying. I never implied that. You see what you see and I see what I see. I hope you are not taking this personally although I can see how you would. You seem rather proud of the work you and your company perform and that's just fine by me. I am a major supporter of those that are forgotten. The animals. Call me a kook, freak, tree hugger. I don't care. There just doesn't seem to be enough support for them unless it's on our plate.

Not to come off like I am challenging you cause I am not, but can you provide some info on exactly what proactive things are being done by the oil industry in support of the animals?

Kind of hard for me to do so up here. I'm sure I could find statistics and the like on the internet. I just don't know if I have the patience or energy. I have mounds of info somewhere because I did a ginourmous research paper in college on this subject.

If you love animals you really need to take a trip to Alaska sometime. Anchorage is a city of 359,180 people but I often wake up to see Moose in my backyard. Alaska really is a totally different place. Spend any amount of time up here and it will suck you in.

the nuclear industry is similar in that regard, i've been to several nuclear plant sites that are also, wild life perserves where wild life roam free in abundance and lakes are annual stocked for fishing.

Yes in the past there have been some bad things happen between energy and environment, but i think the two have come a lot farther then most people think, and definately as lot father then what many in politics and the media want you to believe.

government oversite has a role to play, but the two can exist very well with each other in this day and age.

I truly hope this is the case. I hope the industries do build ponds and parks for the animals. It's taken a lot to get said industries to do something good for a change and I hope it continues.

Kind of hard for me to do so up here. I'm sure I could find statistics and the like on the internet. I just don't know if I have the patience or energy. I have mounds of info somewhere because I did a ginourmous research paper in college on this subject.

If you love animals you really need to take a trip to Alaska sometime. Anchorage is a city of 359,180 people but I often wake up to see Moose in my backyard. Alaska really is a totally different place. Spend any amount of time up here and it will suck you in.

My dad and I have always have a major infactuation with Alaska. My folks are actually planning a trip up your way, but I just don't know when. All I'd bring is my camping gear and you wouldn't see me until winter hits and that's for dang sure. It wouldn't be hard to suck me in but those long winter nights might blow me back out. :hihi:

BTW, when I was young, I wanted to be a Forest Ranger and the two American locations I chose was Montana and Alaska. Middle of no where is just fine by me.

There's a lot we can do better to help animals. The fact is they simply aren't as important as humans are. Don't believe me? Kill a person then kill a deer and find out which one gets you in more trouble. Every step of progress requires we look at the balance of the lives of animals vs. the comfort of humans, and we almost always choose humans. Yet sometimes people will just pick up a cause that really doesn't personally effect them at all, and choose animals.

You want to save the furry animals? Stop buying products made in factories and sold in stores that clear land. Tear your house down and dedicate the land as a park or refuge. Quit your job and make less money as a park ranger or game warden. Stop eating hamburgers, etc....

yeah nothing in the nature impacts your life, Kill all the animals right as long as you have your house and oil.

IS plankton important to you? Tundra...just not important right, that swamp doesnt provide any help to anyone. That coastal wetland...doesnt stop storm surge...OH WAIT. :covri:

Your idea of killing a deer vs killing a human is invalid. OF COURSE people are more important...way to throw up a completely disconnected argument that very few would argue with.

Wasnt it said that all of the oil in ANWR is only less than a 6 month supply, so long term expenses for short term gains...way to trade the draft there Ditka. ALSO...Much of the drilling will be offshore as well as near inshore. it wont hurt caribou BUT it will disrupt a major migration path of some endangered whales. But they dont provide anything to anyone right.

Last edited:
This is my home

Anchorage.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmm. . . love the taste of that smog! LOL!

No, I am a conservationist. I need cities like Anchorage, Seattle, Portland, heck even San Fransisco has some decent nature to it.

This isn't my rig, but it is a good example of Prudhoe in the summertime:
caribou_anwr.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom