The Old NFC West (1 Viewer)

Wraith

Finally Made It!
Reaction score
I know there are many folks here that rememeber the bad old days when the 49ers used to trash the Saints year in and year out. So, I know you'll get the same pleasure I did in reading some of the posts on the Niner board. Ones like:

[
We cant beat the saints. They are too good. Also, we might at one point be in position to win but then Mike NOlan will make a call to make sure we lose. I hate mike nolan.
<!-- / message -->/QUOTE]

or

Brees will dismantle us. Spencer or not. Everyone is chanting playoffs. Next sunday will show ugly a playoff matchup could be for us.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=12382

That is music to my ears..........errrrr eyes. Whatever! You get the point. I hate the 49'ers and to see them squirm is great.

That is music to my ears..........errrrr eyes. Whatever! You get the point. I hate the 49'ers and to see them squirm is great.

Nobody is squirming. The 49ers ran all over the Rams yesterday and the coach blew a call to lose it. They will be fired up and know this is do or die, possible playoffs with a win, with a loss see you next year. I am a 49ers fan and am flying out to the game. Can't wait.

Nobody is squirming. The 49ers ran all over the Rams yesterday and the coach blew a call to lose it. They will be fired up and know this is do or die, possible playoffs with a win, with a loss see you next year. I am a 49ers fan and am flying out to the game. Can't wait.

Just visit the link at the top of this discussion and I think you'll see lots of squirmage.

While we come from different perspectives, I agree with you. This game will not be as easy as most of us Saints fans would like it to be. While all in all, this game shouldnt even be close; the 49ers have struggled on the road all season and the Saints offense should move the ball at ease of the 49ers defense. However, reapeat....HOWEVER, if the Saints dont come ready to play and get caught looking ahead, Frank Gore could have 200 yards on the ground and the 49ers will be able to hold onto the football. Then in that case, the game wont be close from the other way around.

Talent-wise, this matchup highly favors the Saints. The 49ers dont have enough of a passing game threat for the Saints to respect the passing game (not saying the 9ers dont have a good offense). The Saints should be able to play man coverage and pull a safety in to support the run.

It was 'do or die,' time for the 06 Falcons yesterday, and we put them out of our misery. I think it'll be a fight, but we can handle 'em.

>>They will be fired up and know this is do or die, possible playoffs with a win, with a loss see you next year.

We shall see. The only time I predicted a Saints win this year, we lost. So I'm not about to get cocky. But it's pretty much "die". You guys still have a shot at the Division with the previous win over injured Seattle and the split with the Rams, but you've really got to cheer for the Packers tonight to keep pace at -1 with Seattle w/ 5 more to go. Beating Seattle in that upcoming Thursday Night Game (Week #15) will be huge. With a win over Arizona the following week, the 49ers (by virtue of sweeping Seattle and beating Arizona) would ensure that you have at least a tie for the best division record (4-2) in the West and the head-to-head trump over Seattle (2-0) and Rams (whose best possible division record is only 3-3). You clinch the tiebreaker with Seattle by way of head-to-head (2-0). Otherwise, you still have to hope for them to stumble to someone besides the 49ers along the way so you can make up that extra game.

I don't think the 49ers can hang with us. If we strike quickly, it's curtains in the first half. If we don't, you're going to get some yardage on us and points. We're probably going to force your offense to beat us with Smith and assume Gore will make his fair share of plays. JMO

TPS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom