The one huge mistake our new regime has made (1 Viewer)

Dago

Veteran
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Keeping Okafor instead of Christian Wood. He looked GOOD while here and he is tearing it up with Detroit

He is exactly what we hope Hayes can turn into...a solid stretch 5 who can hit 3s

Oh, I thought you meant Alex Okafor. Well, allrighty then....

His D looks better but I think Offensively they are similar scoring threats. Again granted Woods 3s look much better in a small stretch of games, but Offensively I think Okafor can be very good in the right scheme.

His D looks better but I think Offensively they are similar scoring threats. Again granted Woods 3s look much better in a small stretch of games, but Offensively I think Okafor can be very good in the right scheme.

Well a 5 who cant play defense is not gonna ever be starter material.
Additionally, as soon as we knew we had Zion (which was before we dropped Wood), we knew a stretch 5 would be the best fit for our offense

Favor was always the starting 5. I’d rather give Hayes the extra minutes but I do hear ya Dago. Looks like he could be a player. Did flash Occasionally last season too.

If that's a HUGE mistake, then the Griffin is knocking it out of the park...

If that's a HUGE mistake, then the Griffin is knocking it out of the park...

in my opinion, he is so far

I just look at what Christian Wood is doing and can't help thinking that he would be a great fit with Zion.

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
I think part of why they intended to Okafor was to have a back up to Favors who could bang with big guys. I am not sure any of us expected Zion to be able to do as much as he is as a rookie.

I think part of why they intended to Okafor was to have a back up to Favors who could bang with big guys. I am not sure any of us expected Zion to be able to do as much as he is as a rookie.

Okafor has always been a liability on defense

Okafor has always been a liability on defense

I won't argue with that. But I think the intent may have been to protect Zion from having to take the physicality of it. In hindsight, unnecessary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom