The only way I think the Saints can beat the Eagles (1 Viewer)

Needless to say, the Saints are beat up and banged up. Their without three of their starting Offensive Lineman including their two Pro Bowl Tackles, their best player in Alvin Kamara and possibly Taysom Hill. The Eagles are suddenly playing decent football and in theory still have Wild Card hopes alive. They will be ready to feast on what is a depleted team.

If the Saints want to do what seems impossible on the road I think two things have to happen. First, and predictably the Defense will have to put up their best performance of the season. They will have to stuff the run against the one team that gashed them last season. The Eagles must be forced into obvious passing situations where the then the Defense will have to come up big with sacks and a turnover or two to set the offense up for points that will be desperately needed.

On offense, these slow starts have to stop. Sean Payton may have to recognize early that their won't be any running against an Eagles defense with a very makeshift Offensive line. It's time to unleash Deonte Harris and attack the Eagles with deep shots with either hopes of getting catches or at the least some Defensive pass interference penalties. Teams do it to us all the time....it's time to reverse the script and jump on a team early so that the defense can finish the job. Simple as that
So you want to hope we can get some calls?

This is what we've come to.

My heart keeps telling me that we can win this game even without over half of our starting offense, including missing 5 pro bowl players. Unfortunately, when I think rationally, I think today will be an uphill battle and one we could lose by double digits. To have any chance, as has been noted before, it is going to take a heroic defensive effort that also leads to a plus 2 or more in the turnover battle. I just don't see our depleted offense being able to accomplish long drives that lead to 7 points ( hope this week each TD is not a 6 pointer only!!). I hope my heart prevails of course!!

My heart keeps telling me that we can win this game even without over half of our starting offense, including missing 5 pro bowl players. Unfortunately, when I think rationally, I think today will be an uphill battle and one we could lose by double digits. To have any chance, as has been noted before, it is going to take a heroic defensive effort that also leads to a plus 2 or more in the turnover battle. I just don't see our depleted offense being able to accomplish long drives that lead to 7 points ( hope this week each TD is not a 6 pointer only!!). I hope my heart prevails of course!!
Yeah but it's obviously the QB (insert whatever name is appropriate.)

Apparently I didn't understand that JW playing on an All-Oro HoF level.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom