The Orville (1 Viewer)

Sometimes I wonder if the jokes aren't there to give them cover in case Paramount gets in a snit and tries to sue them.

Paramount: "They ripped off Star Trek, that's our intellectual property!"

Fox/McFarlane: "Nope, it's parody. Kiss our legal butts!"

I read somewhere that Kate Mulgrew might have a cameo in an episode of The Orville.
The best Starfleet Cpt ever. Cpt. Janeway

I also thought it was going to be a straight up comedy but it's caught in the middle of serious and not so serious. It feels like there is just enough goofiness in there that you can't take it serious.
If they just go funny it would be fine and might last more than one season.

I kind of want the show to lean towards more serious... maybe like 92% serious 8% funny.

Best at repeatedly and flagrantly violating the Prime Directive, for sure.

Which is perfect for the Orville..

This weeks episode didn't suck. Actually, it's getting past the halfway decent point with me. Now, I get to watch Star Trek without having to pay for it. Thanks Fox.

I can't believe how much this just feels like Star Trek TNG with some added humor. Really enjoying it.

Yeah, since my first post I've watched the "About a Girl" episode and I'm in the middle of the 4th right now. I'm enjoying it a lot. It's not what they marketed, and critics weren't very kind, but I'm hoping this has an audience and that it's doing well in the ratings. The production values are off the charts (the music alone is worthy of a major Hollywood production), so I can't imagine it's cheap to make. But I want this show to continue.

Edit: LIAM NEESON.

I can't believe how much this just feels like Star Trek TNG with some added humor. Really enjoying it.

So much like Star Trek (Treking space, discovery, star mapping, helping other ships and civilizations) that it almost seems like copyright infringement.

I've never really been a Star Trek fan, but I'm loving this series.

I've never really been a Star Trek fan, but I'm loving this series.

Yeah, Gordon is funny AF.

"Avis, we try harder", lol. The practical joke episode and the Maclin that ate the whole ball of wasabi. The show has good plots, and writing, but the small things have caused me to put it in my dvr que.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom