The Outer Worlds (1 Viewer)

whodatfever

UNSOBER
Reaction score
The color pallet is jarring. It’s almost neon. I feel like I’m watching Batman Forever.

UptownSaintsFan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Free on game pass. If you like fallout or skyrim, i think you'll like this. having a lot of fun with it so far.

OP
OP
antipop

antipop

Get egg hunts
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Free on game pass. If you like fallout or skyrim, i think you'll like this. having a lot of fun with it so far.
it's better than both of those games...my only issue is that the conversations can get a bit long winded but the characters feel much more real than Fallout characters....the writing in this game is top notch

whodatfever

UNSOBER
Reaction score
it's better than both of those games...
Better than Skyrim? Is it possible that because it’s the new hotness that it’s receiving some elevated praise that time will bring into focus? I mean, Skyrim has had 8 years of updates to polish and content, and it was a homerun out the gate.

OP
OP
antipop

antipop

Get egg hunts
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Better than Skyrim? Is it possible that because it’s the new hotness that it’s receiving some elevated praise that time will bring into focus? I mean, Skyrim has had 8 years of updates to polish and content, and it was a homerun out the gate.
i guess it’s possible that Skyrim is better if your IQ is lower than 19

xpuma20x

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
While I'm having fun with this game overall, I have a pretty meh reaction with it so far. Everything is just so generic. It feels like someone took the Fallout/Skyrim type of game vibe and put a low budget writing and design team with it. Nothing so far seems to matter as far as choices. I've yet to find a locked anything I can't just hold the button down and pick. Once you get your perception to 30 or so (3 levels worth so like less than an hour of playing), you can talk your way into and out of anything in the game. Got caught stealing? No problem, just use that perception reaction and they'll just walk off. Almost all of the beasts so far are the exact same, I'm unsure how that many monsters evolved to look exactly alike across multiple planets. The quests are generic fetch quests, with the occasional kill quest. And while the game is somewhat open world, its not really. The individual planet maps are extremely small when compared to other games of this type. There's about 5 or 6 types of individual weapons and about the same for armor (IE: 1 shotgun, 1 heavy, 1 assault rifle etc), that just kind of scales with your levels. None of them seem to really matter either, pick what weapon you like the feel of and go with it. I'll end up finishing the game, but I'm also not in a hurry. Absolutely nothing related to the story has grabbed me yet. I could care less if any of my companions live or die and I'm still not quite sure why I should care about finding/saving the people of the Hope.

At this moment, unless something drastically changes, I'd give it about a 6/10.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom