The Outsider on HBO (1 Viewer)

wesleyTX13

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Holy cow! Who else is watching this show? It’s intense.

I didn’t hear anything about it until this week but I have already made it through the first 9 episodes of this season in a few days. The tenth and final episode airs tomorrow night.

Thought the first episode was outstanding, then the second was decent, but the third came to a screeching halt for me.

And I’m all for methodical type dramas, but this, to me, was excruciatingly slow.

Does Bateman make more appearances in future episodes (maybe flashbacks, etc).

Episode 3 definitely missed him.

I'm two episodes in. Very good so far.

I usually have read Stephen King's books before they become a movie or TV series.

I knew nothing about The Outsider before watching it, other than it was getting good reviews and a friend recommended it. I like to know as little as possible going into a movie or series.

Jason Bateman is an underrated actor and I noticed he directed the first two episodes.

If you haven't seen Ozark on Netflix with Bateman, I recommend it.

I'm two episodes in. Very good so far.

I usually have read Stephen King's books before they become a movie or TV series.

I knew nothing about The Outsider before watching it, other than it was getting good reviews and a friend recommended it. I like to know as little as possible going into a movie or series.

Jason Bateman is an underrated actor and I noticed he directed the first two episodes.

If you haven't seen Ozark on Netflix with Bateman, I recommend it.
Yeah Bateman is completely underrated. Lately in the drama roles, and before that as the straight guy in comedies.
Very natural actor.

I finished The Outsider last night.

Though it's not on The Haunting of Hill House's level , it's a well-made horror series.

I recommend it.

The first fifteen minutes were pretty intense. What a bloodbath. I was pretty sure going in that Holly's boyfriend would die (just seemed like something King would write)but I didn't expect all the carnage.

Especially a Stephen King book.

Some of his books are over a thousand pages.

I still have hope for The Dark Tower books becoming a series.

I haven't read most of those but I agree with you. I do have to say that Christine was a great movie despite changing some things. And for a two hour movie they didn't really leave out a lot. There's a lot of small stuff left out but because they didn't really address that LeBay's soul took over Arnie you don't really need a good chunk of those small things.

I think most books would be better as a series. It's rare that a movie captures most of a book.

I find that true 95 percent of the time but I just finished this and it was better than the book to be honest. The other writers really improved the characters and made you care about them. King at his best, gets you really interested in his characters but that is not always the case in his more recent works.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom