The Pass Rush Will Be The Deciding Factor this Sunday (1 Viewer)

whosyadaddy

Bleed Black & Gold
Reaction score
Brady's kryptonite always was and still is move him around do not let him set his feet. Lately he has been developing better chemistry and timing with receivers. I have been keeping a close eye on the Bucs. Arians is dialing up more max protects and designs to keep him upright and let him set. We have to disrupt this. All the way back to Spags and the Giants the gameplan stays the same. Move Brady and pipes start to burst

I am feeling good about T Rex. While we are anxiously awaiting injury reports etc I am expecting him on the field for the Divisional Round. All reports I had read prior to the Bears game were outlining a return this week. One thing I noticed a few times during the Bear game was Trubisky had more time in the pocket than we have been allowing opposing QB's generally over the year. We missed Trey. If it's not a sack it is pressure within 2-3 seconds, the guy is money. Having him back will keep Brady moving.

Last edited:
I’ve said this in other threads, but don’t read too much into the supposed lack of pressure on Trubisky. The DLine was balling. Their job was to push the pocket back inside and make sure not to lose contain. Trubisky doesn’t play well from the pocket, but he can hurt you when he gets outside of it.

The result? Game plan executed to perfection.

I’d expect a much different rush plan for this one.

I’ve said this in other threads, but don’t read too much into the supposed lack of pressure on Trubisky. The DLine was balling. Their job was to push the pocket back inside and make sure not to lose contain. Trubisky doesn’t play well from the pocket, but he can hurt you when he gets outside of it.

The result? Game plan executed to perfection.

I’d expect a much different rush plan for this one.

Oh I agree with you there. DA was not going to allow another Jalen Hurts game, and we were disciplined on the edges which can slow down any pass rush.

Good thing about Tom is he can't run and he can't throw on the run. Let the dogs hunt !!!

Just as with most every game, it’s going to come down to the trenches. Bucs OL vs Saints DL and vice-versa.

T-Rex has done really well vs Donovan Smith, but we don’t know if Hendrickson is going to be back. Will the loss of the Bucs starting RG create a weakness? Will Ruiz continue to struggle?

No question making Brady uncomfortable in the pocket has to be our objective all game. We need to first make them one dimensional and stop the run and then get a big push in the middle to make him hurry his throws which will lead to turnovers!

That defense has been playing lights out all year. I think that front 4 has another one for the ages vs Brady.

If Hendrickson returns for this game that's even better with Jordan, Hendrickson, Davenport and Granderson on the outside and Rankins, Onyemotta, Tuttle on the inside this game should be fun to watch.

We need to dominate on both sides of the trenches to win this game big. If they keep this game close, then it’s a loss.

Brady's kryptonite always was and still is move him around do not let him set his feet. Lately he has been developing better chemistry and timing with receivers. I have been keeping a close eye on the Bucs. Arians is dialing up more max protects and designs to keep him upright and let him set. We have to disrupt this. All the way back to Spags and the Giants the gameplan stays the same. Move Brady and pipes start to burst

I am feeling good about T Rex. While we are anxiously awaiting injury reports etc I am expecting him on the field for the Divisional Round. All reports I had read prior to the Bears game were outlining a return this week. One thing I noticed a few times during the Bear game was Trubisky had more time in the pocket than we have been allowing opposing QB's generally over the year. We missed Trey. If it's not a sack it is pressure within 2-3 seconds, the guy is money. Having him back will keep Brady moving.
Yup brady is not a mobile QB, never really was. Agree with this.

we need T-Rex! No matter what, but we need him
this is the most important game for him

Brady is especially weak when under pressure but still looking like a super star when he has time!

I agree 100%. We are facing Tom Brady but we are not facing the 2010s Patriots and that is what we must exploit to turn superman into clark kent. We must not let what happened in November make us over confident but just pin our ears back and go to work on that O-line.

I agree that the Pass Rush SHOULD be the deciding factor, but if the Bucs are allowed to HOLD on every play and it is never called, they won't be able to break through with moves. They will have to collapse the pocket by pushing the linemen right back into Brady. They better bring their bucket of sand, because they will need every ounce of what they are carrying this week. Offense needs to get some good time of possession drives and let the Defense get a breather, because they will be working hard every play.

With fair Refs, we have an 80% chance or better of winning, with cheating Refs......just look at a game here a couple of years ago.

• 1Like
Reactions: 327

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom